Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Keen for some ideas guys, im going to look at building a bar set up for my new place seeing as ill have the room for it.. Thinking a combination of wood and stainless for the design...

Ive currently got a chest freezer as my kegerator, so was thinking fonts would be the way to go, as well as putting a collar on the chest freezer...

Has anyone put a collar on a freezer before? Is it fairly simple?

Also - It seems Ebay has some pretty cheap fonts with taps included, like this one below - is there anything I should look out for when buying fonts/taps?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Draft-Draught-Tap-Fount-Font-Beer-Tower...

Views: 196

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That font looks good, just remember to clean it! I have sent him a question to see if he will send to NZ... :) Haven't added a collar to my freezer yet, however it looks very easy... helps of sites for it. Just remember to insult the collar to reduce temperature loss. This one is okay
MikeBeer, however my idea was to have the font separate to the fridge. Or something like:

Thats a good idea James, i quite like that! Definately wanted to keep the font seperate from the freezer...

I just made an offer on a 6 tap font at a bar down the road which is no longer using it, problem is the owner had no idea what its worth so hes trying to get someone to give him a price, bugger...
When in Auckland recently I went to Hoshizaki Lancer and bought some bits and pieces. Picked up a copy of their catalogue. Zeus 6 tap dry font, List price $4,157.92, Classic Regency 6 tap standard $3,229.41
Grab it if you can get it for a good price. The eBay one looks like a good price compared with the $135.00 each for the brewcraft taps.
Ouch, those fonts are spensy.. Def wont be spending in excess of a few hundred dollars lol...
The guy on ebay will send one to NZ for $70 AU..... You should probably buy it online and get it delivered to one of the AU AHB guys to hold onto until you pick it up while you are in AU!

Feel like getting two? LOL
lol, I dont think ill be getting one of these as I may have been lucky enough to get some 2nd hand brass taps, and then I can just get my mate to knock up a font tower for me...
Are your taps clean on the inside? I have some brass ones also, and found the inside of the tap has eroded and no longer has a coating.
I dunno, I dont get em till the 30th, but hey beggars cant be choosers :o)
One of them is stainless. And I used to use the other 2 - there is straight brass all over them... they were never coated in the 1st place.
Hmmm, guess it would be possible to get em coated eh? Or would that just be too much hassle for little benifit?
There's bugger all benefit. If you hook the taps up to a shank, they are easy enough to D/C for cleaning. They dont build up too much crap if you have removed the majority of the yeast from the beer before kegging.
Whats this shank thingy you speak of? How does that work?

You pretty much need to take em apart once a week and give em a clean yeah? Im sure I can handle that.... to start with :oP lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service