Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hey, so my flatmates went out to Gladfield Malt in Dunsandel on the weekend; ended up being a really good trip for them, and now we have a steady cheap supply of NZ Pale Malt, so we're passing the savings on to YOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!

But anyway. He said he'd be happy if we supplied the local christchurch homebrewer market with his malts—i.e, we can be the ChCh distributor of sorts—so at the moment we'd be looking at around $2 a kg of pale malt, which saves having to drive 45mins out there. Theres that way, but more interestingly, we could always just chip in together and go out there with a trailer and pick several bags up. Have a good yarn with him, and then we have a corny-mill back here which I'm sure you all could use... but whatever.

Also he does pilsner malt, but I don't know what the cost of that is. I'll find out some-time :)

Some other things learnt from the trip: next year he's expanding production to produce specialty malts!

Views: 697

Replies to This Discussion

Gonna bump this and ask if we can get this Gladfield malt in Auckland?
Talk to your friendly Riverhead Publican.
Albrecht or Steve?
Or just ask Mike @ Brewerscoop to get it in.
Or do an Auckland bulk order, send up a pallet! Probably work out to under $1.50 kg... isn't SI -> NI shipping cheap?
Could do... Allthough I dont really want to organise a pellet of malt, hops is much easier :oP lol

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service