Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20346

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

However I have recovered with an Anchor Liberty, Unibroue Maudite and Mothership Wit. My taste has returned.
Haha funny you mention that, Pliny wasn't as bitter as I was expecting :-P

Ah that's how you found me on myspace, Gawj's drummer aye?
Yeah, old fart that plays drums badly :)
If you don't go the KA then we got support to The Varukers at the Thirsty Dog in June (they have better beer there) :D
Yeah, Thirsty Dog is choice, Newcastle on tap, so good.

Keen as to see Varukers so will likely see you at both mate.
Time to spot your favourite craft breweries

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-241-Beer-Examiner~y2009m4d24-I-A...

"I am a craft brewer"
Nice!! Send it to those fuckers at DB!!! and tell them to pull there head out of there arse and to pull their cock out of every kiwis arse and leave the Radler name alone and start making fucking good Beer!!!!
Bit of a big one to start on for the night - but I've been looking forward to this for too long.

"Thomas Hardy: Eat your Heart Out"

13.3% alcohol. And how can we add just a little bit more flavour to a beer this size...? I know - I'l chuck some Brett in it. Huge Pie Cherry aroma with sweet & sour pineapple. Hints of chocolate, and nutty malt. The flavour is not balanced, with a tartness from some bugs, followed up by wet socks. After the initial hit, pinapple and cherry starts melting on the tongue with more chocolate hints. Good use of hops in this beer - as they offset the gravity nicely. More freekin cherry... this is good stuff. The alcohol burns my cheeks a little bit... in a good way.

Thanks Mike.
I cant wait for the brett to go fucking crazy in it!! Make sure you enjoy the whole 750mls I gave you!! HAHAHA!!!!!
I'm already buzzing after quater of that bottle! The Brett is making itself known in here, mate - was that only 1 bottle of orval?

Speaking of Orval... this shit is like Orval Concentrate!!! You know... just add water!!!

Fully good work mate - I'm loving this stuff.

I hope Christina can hold out for the next 12 hours... I dont want to have to stop!
Yeah 1 bottle!! And the shit out of the Porter Noir!! Imagine if it gets down to 1.010 with the brett!! it would be like 15% Im Defintly doing this again!! Maybee one in July? I might do 1 fermented with the Belgian yeast and 1 with Brett and I'll blend it?
I had mokes Imperial Pilsner last night too.

Very bright hop aromas on the nose - nothing offensive... lemon, lime, grapefruit. Nelson Sauvin seems to be quite strong for some reason... I smell some riwaka - maybe Cascade? The palate is crisp and dry with a bit of grainyness coming thorugh... not a lot of presence on the malt front. Pleasantly smooth balance towards crisp, with a definate lager flavour finishing this one off. Alcohol wasn't noticable - I'd have no idea what it would have been in this. The hops were also very "straight out of the bag" in aroma - very fresh. The Sauvin was very dominant... the only reason I assume Cascade is because of the grapefruity notes on the nose.

Weel done bro.
Woops - I meant Mikes!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service