Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20344

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Stop lurking and start posting! Good to see new faces around.

Drink that weizen up quick! It sucks when those great esters start to wane.
Pliny The Elder. Love it
And next, and Alesmith IPA for contrasts sake.
The pliny is superb tho. Its just so drinkable
First up the NZ Daft I'm trying to finish so I can get the Kid Choc approximation in the fridge.

The onto a blande, very lemon / lime and getting more so

Then the KC sample from the fermenter, very clear with S04 and a bit of coffee & toffee, little bit of butterscotch still but I'm sure some conditioning will change things .. it wasn't really that dark

looks like the colour might be pretty close... i've got 20L that arrived today and the colour of a 20L bag is amazing.
the colour might be pretty close

It's hard to know Stu .. haven't seen either of your versions
I quite like a bit of Diacetyl in these smaller dark beers - it adds to the mouthfeels and complexity. You should keg it before it disappears.
Kegged / bottled last night .. still no room in the fridge though, I need to finish the NZ Daft but it seems to be an endless keg.
At least when it dos get fridge space it'll pour warm and only lightly carbonated for the first day
Brother Bob did the job on the NZ Daft for me last night so I put the KC on tap. Served @ 15C for a couple of pints.
Just mashed in a Blande, Mk VI and the first of the mnortherly showers just went skidding by

It wasn't really this dark, but it was a little redder / mahogany. Full of flavour at 1.037 and very drinkable.
Last night I had a wee sample of Dale's American Stout. If Barry thought his PKB clone could incite carnal monkey sex then this beer would be like his second shot of heroin... divine. I'll go out on a limb and say that if it is bottled well, and he enters it, it could be one to beat at the NHC. It's really really good.
Aww Stu, if I knew you liked it that much you could have had more than a sample! Certainly will be entering in the comp, I hope the judges think like you do ;-)
OK, I'm gonna rain on everyones parade. I shared a Pliny with Daniel today and, well, um... shit, here we go. I didn't like it at all (let the flaming commence). The overpowering hop bitterness was too much for me. Now this is the first time I've tried an Imperial/Double IPA and being a Porter/Stout/Belgium Dark fanatic it was too much of an assault on my taste buds. That shit lingered in my mouth for hours. Sorry, I know, I'm digging a hole in my back yard as I type, feel free to come round and pull the trigger.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service