Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

My Campmaster 4 ring burner has given up the ghost. I'll give it one last effort to get it going when I get home this afternoon. It isn't letting enough gas through to get more than the tiniest blue flame on the outer ring. I've tried cleaning it - and I will try some more this afternoon - but but it is looking like I'll have to buy a new one.

No more boilovers!!!

Anyone know where I can purchase in Wellington? I'm on a motorbike so prefer the closest option to Miramar. Do The Warehouse or Mitre 10 sell them?

note: the burner actually belongs to Brendon, so don't tell him!

Views: 509

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah - much the same. I fly sparge, so once the element is covered I turn it on. After an hour sparge, it takes about 10 - 15 min to get to full rolling boil.
If you have a Bunnings in the area - It will definitley be cheaper. I looked a few weeks ago in an Auckland Bunnings and they had a good range of 1, 2 & 4 ring burners. Also seems about 20% cheaper than similar products at Mitre 10.
I vaguely remember someone on here (Ged & Denim maybe?) joking about the green paint burning off their Bunning burners. Not sure how many rings though.
Ged got his at Harvey Normans

Apparently his wife was able to get a decent whack off the ticket price with a bit of haggling!
And by Harvey Normans of course I meant smiths city
Just found this old posting. Scroll to the bottom.
Mitre10 Mega is where I got mine.

BBQ factory sometimes have them.

I have seen the smaller ones at bunnings but not a 4 ring, no doubt if they don't have them they can get them though.
BBQ Factory is the way to go ~$80 as i recall the 4 burners at bunnings had a silly fragile frame around it and cost over $200!
Sounds like your jets are blocked unscrew them and give them a soak in a strong solvent and blow out with
compressed air (or co2 as has been suggested)!
Never seen them at bunnings down here- biggest size they had was the 3 ring and the shelf space was always empty. Mitre 10 seemed to stock upto ( and had in stock ) the 3 ring. Never saw the 4 ring until Dylan noted Smiths city had them in stock - $170....Mrs got them down to $130...

Seriously, if you want to knock 10 years off your life expectancy then hang around for the first hour of burning with these cheap chinese made green things. It put a cloud over the neighbourhood and several smoke alarms went off. The cast iron moulds are miles off for the air dampers as well..even fully clothed it sucks like a new born. BUT its still a 4 ring and does the biz
So what happened Stu - Are you brewing ?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service