Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I thought it would be cool to have a comparison of everyones Red Ales. This is mine after cold break (the wort here is 5 degrees) and is 18 SRM on the button.

I wish I could brew beer this colour all the time - it is really majestic to look at. Maybe I'll do an "Evil Twin"... Evil Dead Red clone...

Views: 386

Replies to This Discussion

That is beautiful. I guess I need to get my A into G and brew. I have two full fermenters though. Hope I get it done in time!
You'll be right! That US-05 turns out some pretty fast beer... Could be an option. I have acheived my all time G2B record with that stuff.
Argh me too, wanted to get it done today but didn't get my equipment done in time.

Oh well, guess I'll ferment a little warmer, fine and shake and bake in the keg and fingers crossed she'll be ready in time.
3 weeks is all you need. I only brewed mine yesterday cos I had family over, and was bored. The 1469 cranked within 12 hours.... so it was on.... like donkey kong.
Nice!!!! how did the wort taste?
Sort of like Anzac Biscuits in a way. Malty (obviosuly) sort of toffee and raisin and anzac. If I ferment it well, it should make a nice beer - I could be tempted to reuse the grist for an IPA and get some Amarillo, Centennial and Simcoe amongst that Cascade... US-0magical5... 7.5%abv... num nums. Oh and 100IBU... num num nummmmmms
Sounds Bloody good!!!
Are you brewing one of these Mike? Or are you gonna wait 'till a style shows up that you are more into?
Nah I will do I will have to get some grains though. Might brew one at the end of the month.
I going to have to wait till mine stops fermenting now as it started when I was out.

Shitty cell-phone pic (my only camera at the mo). Quite stoked really as the unclear wort looked pretty brown.
That actually looks quite red. I dare say redder than my one! That's looking quite clear too... especially for BIAB.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service