Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20349

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It was OKish when fresh. No blue cheese to be found. Perhaps a latent infection that's taken a while to get its numbers up?
Well I've just finished my 2nd glass of Kid Choc, Seeing as I've never added to this post I think its only fair to start on a high note(very high)
Wow what a beer!! I filled a rigger before I left chch and now I'm upset that I'm in Auckland and the bottle store is in chch.
I had my first taste of 3boys Oyster stout on Monday and thought that I'd found some new taste buds but now I've found even more!!!!
Truly one of the most complex yet subtle tastes I've ever come across from a beer.
Well Done to the Yeastie Boys
Awesome Darryl. A few bottles will be on at the Beerstore soon and you could always call one of the bottle store selling it and ask them to courier you a few riggers/PETs/flagons.

I love Three Boys Oyster Stout too. Get to have it on handpump at The Malthouse now and then - that's a treat.
Invercargill Smikin' Bishop 2008. Feckin' fantastic. A++
Its the best yet I have 4 tucked away behind my kegs so I cant see them!!
I just gave one to some neighbours who've just had their first baby.
She's English and he is German, so I gave them the smoked bock and a Brown Porter of my own. Fritha made them some biscuits.

Now I only have two left.
Realy? I thought you bought a case?????
Now I only have two left.

I'm sure Fritha will bake some more biscuits Stu ;-)
A fruity night last night - Invercargill Boysenberry and Bambule's fantastically delicious Blackberry Stout (full of blackberry bits, dry and roasty but with a luscious full body). Thanks Tony.
A night with the big boys last night!! These fellas pack a punch!!!
Brew Dog Hardcore IPA (I want my money back false advertising)
Stones Ruination (sell my 1 of my nuts for another)
Ska Decadent (I dont know?)
I finally got to wrap my laughing gear around Kid Chocolate last night. It did not disappoint. As others have mentioned, when cold, it's a fairly dull, yet drinkable drop. As it warms, MAN does it open up. Stu, you've done an amazing job packing so much complexity into 3.6%abv, and not ruining the sheer quaffability of this beer. As the name suggests, there is an abundance of chocolate character here, along with a delicate fruitiness. Hops are, as they should be in this style, all but absent, but do make themselves known with a gentle whisper of "go on, have another" bitterness. Those damn temptresses. I emptied my glass many times last night and feel great today.

The most fun part was the reaction of my drinking companions. "Oh, is that it?" they all said, in a disappointed tone after their initial tasting. Then, as it warmed, frowns became smiles and glasses were continually refilled.

Yeasties? You have another winner!
Mad props for the feedback. You've made me really thirsty...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service