Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm sure there has been a thread about using a coffee urn as a HLT but I had a feeling it related to the ones then offered on Trademe. I don't seem to find any offered there now and I reckon I'd like to try and hunt out a 20L (or thereabouts) urn with a settable thermostat to use as a HLT, since for my first brew my kettle had to double as a HLT and it seemed quite a hassle. I wondered how many people do this and whether there were any tips on where to get a suitable urn in NZ?

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This has just been listed:
http://www.trademe.co.nz/a.aspx?id=202883201

I'd like one but I'll be sticking to my keggle for now.
Hi Steve,
Thanks for that. Funnily enough I had a yarn on the phone yesterday with the folk that supply those and she told me that the 20L version depicted there does have a thermostat control (the smaller one does not). But I wonder if you can set it accurately - would you know about these things? I am new to AG and have only done my first brew so far, but I did find it a fair old hassle having my kettle double as a HLT, so I am tempted. I'd probably close my eyes and splash out if I was sure that urn would do the job. Failing that I could try and get another 50L keg to convert - which is what my kettle is.
Cheers for that Alelover, I think those are the guys I chatted to yesterday - maybe that's the way to go.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service