Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I'm in the market for a grain mill. I've looked back through the threads on here and there are a few recommendations but I thought I'd see if there was any up to date info. I've borrowed a Barley Crusher MaltMill before (thanks Barry!) and it has worked well. With the current exchange rate this is looking like NZ$315 including shipping.

The MillMaster from Craftbrewer in Aussie is about NZ$330 plus shipping (including the hopper and handle). I expect shipping will be fairly pricey given it is a heavy item. Is this mill worth the extra bucks?

Are there any other options? The mill that Hauraki Homebrew list on their site looks more like a coffee grinder!

Cheers,

Martin

Views: 1878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Great idea - and that's just what I'll do too.
Cheers,
Ian
http://www.homebru.com.au/index.php?main_page=index&manufacture...

Hi Martin, I got a Baley Crusher from the Aussie company Deliverence - check the link above. It was $225 A$ and from memory the freight wasn't too scary ($40?)
That seems to be relative to Mr Cherry:

265.00 AUD = 316.368 NZD in today's exchange rate + any duty + any GST.
The Barley Crusher MaltMill seems to be coming out on top in terms of function and value, so I think I'm probably going to go for one of them. Comparing prices from Aussie & the US there doesn't seem to be a huge amount of difference - total proces delivered to NZ looks like being around NZ$315 at current exchange rates.

I know one other person has expressed an interest in one of these - anyone else interested in joining in an order?

Cheers,

Martin
Hi Martin.

Not planning on throwing a spanner in the works, but how does the barley crusher compare to the millmaster on craftbrewer and mashmaster?

Thanks
I have put some technical stuff in a spreadsheet attached.

I'm still interested in a crank and stein based on price and diameter of the rollers.
Attachments:
Good link to backup James spreadsheet.

http://www.northernbrewer.com/grain-mills.html
If you want a Malt Mill (Schmidling)

Please contact The Grape and Granary for overseas orders. info@grapeandgranary.com
Is offer still available?
It is, in that I haven't got around to placing an order myself. Mainly cashflow reasons. Hoping to put an order together in the next week or so, so I'll let you know before I do.
Cheers, appreciate it
Well as you'll see from the other discussion I'm considering a mill. So will hang around here till we all cone to an agreement on what's best and then will look at the price, gulp and buy one. Barley Crusher looks the best to me from the spreadsheet because of the included hopper. I'd probably spend more money on tin steel and pop riveters than the differential from a barebones Crank&Stein

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service