Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool thanks for the tip. I've started using a homemade recipe I found on the net, hopefully its helping. Also I think the little praying mantis might be of assistance too :)
Can you see any mites on it? It looks like it might be a fungus, I haven't used a funguscide on my hops so don't know how they react to it. If you want to try one, spray a small part of the plant and see how it goes.
Hi Sam,

firstly I'd take it out of the pot, it's probably rootbound, which may be your problem. If it's going to grow, then the root system needs to spread. As with all plants, unhealthy root system=unhealthy plant.
Secondly, have your watered the leaves during the day? It looks a little like sun damage? If you water the leaves in the sun, the sun will burn the leaves and cause them to curl and go brown like that. Or it could be a fungus. I see the little praying mantis there, gardeners best mate. If you spray pesticide on the plant you will kill it too. Invariably the pests return faster than the good ones and it becomes a perpetuating cycle. Looks to me like it's most likely a root problem, plant it in the ground, give some good fertiliser/compost and I think you'll see an improvement. If it is too difficult to put it in the ground now, take it out of the pot and build the soil up around it. It may not look the best, but go down to your nearest tyre shop and grab a few old tyres. Build the bed up in them and sit the plant in them. Instant raised bed. Then when it crops, invite me around and I'll help you crop it?
That's a pretty small pot too.
A tomatoe growing trick I picked up is to buy some bags of vege mix from the garden center, cut a big hole in the top and stab it a few times in the sides to let the water drain. Plant it in the top.

Ugly, but you can easily replace the soil each year. If you need more soil, you can stack the bags.
Cool thanks for the advice Tony, I actually repotted into a much larger potting bag so hopefully that has helped. I'm away at the moment so I unfortunately can't keep an eye on it, but when I get home I'll give you an update. If I get a crop then sure :)

Hopefully be seeing some cones on it soon :) I also have a small cutting that's rooted and starting to grow if any ChCh'ite wants it? It's pretty tiny, so don't expect anything until next year...
Is the pope a catholic...OF COURSE we want it mate..However I reckon James will fight us all if we get in front of him in the Q...:)

If no-one sticks there hands up I'll play grower for the next season.

P.S I've still got a bottle of my first AG for you...Be prepared to have your teeth sucked from your gums though..Its a bitter
The Drunken Pope breweries ain't... but well obviously one of you guys are going to be taking it; don't know what I was thinking being polite like that. Actually I think though I did promise James first, but I might snip a couple more little runner vines off and root them, so to speak. Anyway, you get next dibs :). Everyone else, wait the fark in line :D Off-topic, anyone going to the TH tonight?
No but you now have me thinking I should... I reckon I've spent more in that pub in 6 months than I have in all the pubs I've been in since I arrived in NZ 5 years ago !
Hah! I can't say the same, but I'm going to work on it, long-term plan and all. I've given myself a conservative 3 years to get my name on the Challenger Board :D
Mmmm, f*ck I could go for a TWISTED HOP IPA right now...
Pint number 18 on my card..

Lows : Only got to 18....Poor effort - everything else tastes so good as well

Highs : I have 82 pints to drink
I'm on like... 4. Yeah, I only joined the hop club in Nov.

Highs: I have 96 pints to drink! Or $796.80 more to spend...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service