Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi All
(Hopefully I didn't miss a thread here, I searched first!)
Just wanted to see if anyone has rhizomes available this year? I hear there is a shortage, however if there are any suppliers anyone knows of I would be keen to given them a go!

Maybe we can get a list of suppliers going? I see in the old forum that Stephen @ Hallertau may have been one of them, any ideas?

Cheers

Views: 17324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice, I had the tip of the main stem of mine snap off at about 1.5m high last season so I dipped it in rooting hormone and stuck it into a jiffy pellet. Took off quite well.

Also buried heaps of green stem at the end of the season after chopping the plant down, got quite a few rhizomes from that as well. Planted the lower stem as well but that just goes woody and doesn't root/bud.
I am putting my hand up for it, however not a swap as I don't have any hop plants!! I have beer...

I was going to be patient and wait for next year, however this is a sign!
Oh yeah... what you got mate???
A cloudy AG Pale Ale (S05), and a couple of Extract Lager / Pilsners (s23 and Wyeast 2042).

Oh and an ice block for your finger! :)
Which one is your favourite?

How about you go down to Twisted Hop and get me some of that double IPA the're serving up there...?

You can have the plant for nothing... but I really want some of that DIPA. Not to hold you to ransome or anything...
My lagers are my favourites!

Hmm, i'll be heading past the twisted this week, it looks like we can come to some arrangement....
Super sweet! How about a trade? I can offer you my strongest growing cutting - the root length has already doubled since the photo was taken: alas my bone has not healed as fast...

From this point email me at jo.wood@xnet.co.nz

Cheers.
Anybody seen these claims to be NZ Smoothcone?
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Home-living/Outdoor-garden-conservatory/Pl...
The flowers look like smoothcone to me.

Smoothcone as of 3/1/09

Danscade as of 3/1/09 And that bushy stuff to the left is coriander, flowering now so should fruit soon - witbier here we come!
Hey guys, I'm new to RealBeer but have obtained a hop rhizome which is starting to grow. I think I planted it a bit late though cos its nowhere near as big as denimglen's. I'm not sure what variety it is, from what I can tell the cones are what identify it rather than the leaves.

Has anyone experienced any problems with their hops? As you can see in my photos, mine are under attack. At first I thought it was a potassium defincincy but now I think it is a type of mite. Any ideas for getting rid of the buggers would be much appreicated. Cheers, Sam

I'd be quite careful about using pesticide on it, I have found my plants really dislike them and it does more damage than the bugs. I think i'll try just soapy water next. Any other effective products/techniques?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service