Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What was agent 009 like?

I can attest to the fact that Yeastie Boys Imperial Stout Porter Black IPA thingy trial #1
is an absolute GEM and i'm not surprised that you're a bit slow this morning!
Not bad, another New World Pale Ale.. it was a day old and was flatter than you'd have it fresh, which I like. A bit peachy with a steely bitterness. Not sure what the hop was, I think Steve said it was not yet named.
How was the Dark Island? I had a couple of bottles last year and they were OUTSTANDING. Beer of the year material - better than Fuller's London Porter. Had some since and it was like a different beer, definitely as different yeast.
I've been looking to try it since i saw your rating.....still haven't tried it, didn't get to it last night, nodded off
did you know the brewer is a tea total, he's never tried his own beers!
On the agenda for this evening:

Emerson's APA
Pink Elephant - Humbug
Pink Elephant - Imperious Russian Stowt
Alba Scots Pine Ale - (cheers Sparky)
Invercargill Brewery - Smokin Bishop
That should just about do it. There would have been plenty of my brews but the kegs have runith empty!!!!!
Just had 3 pints of TWISTED HOP IPA at the malthouse (one with many thanks to Colin) Great beer and i feel great! gonna debauch myself on a diet of Hook norton beers, black pudding and Arnie movies for the rest of the night! oh and probably an eviscerator for desert!
So last night's line-up was:
Yeastie Boys Golden Boy
Harringtons Classy Red
Hallertau Deception (takeaway bottle)
my own Pale Beauty IPA
Fuller's Vintage Ale 2004

Head's a little fuzzy this morning but I'm sure a bit of keg cleaning and brewing will sort it out. Happy New Year to all!

Martin
Ged's AG #2

Well, Ged asked for comments and I'm not sure if they were supposed to PMed or posted but here goes.

It's an awesome brew. On first pour there's heaps of grapefruit and pineapple on the nose. The body's thick and malty and goes well with the late hop additions.

Ged, I can't fault this. It reminds me very much of Challenger, just slightly higher carbonation. You should be very proud, here's hoping that I didn't put the jinx on AG3!

Have you posted the recipe?
Cheers Dylan..I feel a bit of a fraud as I'm still clueless and the beers seem to turn out drinkable. I learn a little with every brew and of course the good fellows on this board. Late hop additions tip from Kempicus. Having made a 'bitter' with my first AG instead of an IPA I now understand the difference between bittering and flavouring!!!! Enough to take your teeth from your gums......From brewsmith recipe I created - this used up my allsorts mix of grains from wigram...Made 25Litres. Single Infusion 67.8c, medium body

6 KG Pale Malt
.3 Kg Crystal
.2 Kg Chocolate
20G Super Alpha 12.3%AA as soon as wort starts lautering into boiler
20G Super Alpha 12.3 at 30
25G Golding 4.8%AA at 20
20G Golding at 5
20G Golding at flameout.

Cool and then 25G golding into fermenter as well. Cleared out naturally in bottle

Cheers..lets hope AG3 turns out just as nicely..Tried it tonight out of fermenter after checkin FG and its a dancer!!!
Cor that sounds lovely! :0)
There will be a bottle winging its way to wellytown shortly mate.
Really looking forward to it! :0)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service