Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20347

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've got one in the fridge... maybe tomorrow.
Weka.... you'll have to tell me more, or even better a wee tasting session.

Went through half dozen Monteith's Golden Lager tonight, the "best" beer on offer. I am sure it was better last year, so not that happy with the after taste. I should have bought that rigger of emerson's pilsner when passing Pomeroy's today.
I dropped into Pomeroy's for a half yesterday with a group of women.

"Try the Weka" quoth I. On taking my first sip, I though "Wow, loads of green bullet or something in there, I don't remember that from yesterday" When I went to get a rigger, I figured out why. They'd run out of Weka the previous day and has served us Croucher Pale Ale. No wonder the women were pulling faces.
They should think themselves lucky!
I'll reserve judgment on it until I can drink it knowing that I'm drinking Croucher.

In hindsight, I think I thought it was a little heavy on the crystal but I'd want to drink it again to make a call on it
Drinking a pint of my own Dark Mild each night. It's good but it needs a couple of tweaks.

Also had a Mata Feijoa last night, pretty nice, certainly very interesting and well made. Pretty dry, very tart, has both the aromatic characteristics and the meaty/fleshy characteristics of the Feijoa (probably my favourite fruit).

I've got a Ginger Beer and an Imperial Stout that are begging for fridge space. Perhaps it is time to invest in a chest freezer and a tempmate...

Yeastie Boys for lunch today, at Liquidate.
640 - an ale with NZ Hallertau. Been supping a pint each night since I kegged on Saturday, nice quaffing beer
88% Pale
10% Munich
2% Pale Crystal (just to use it up)
11 IBU Super Alpha (great hop eh Joking ?) to bitter and 11 IBU NZ Hallertau at the end
OG 42 and US-05 on the high side of 20C
In the interests of tweaking, I'll repeat this but drop the crystal (simplicity eh Mr Cherry ?)
Absolutely! I'm going through a "Crystal Free" phase at the mo.
Good to see you're sticking with the 05.
Super Alpha is the bizo! I've used it at the end of boil for a few Pale Ales - uber grassy!! It's an NZ Classic.
OHaras 10th anniversary limited edition Celebration Stout..

I really like it..

Read about it here:
http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/carlow-oharas-celebration-stout/84423/

Get it from here:
http://www.beerstore.co.nz/detail.lasso?BeerID=1946

Are there any objections to me posting links? This is what I am drinking, but obviously also selling.

Daniel
One of my all time favourite beers. Also, the bottles are awesome for homebrew
Not from me Daniel.

Though, if you start plugging Export 33 I might object ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service