Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I found a place with real cheap stainless cam locks but they said minimum order 50 and I only want 17.

If its 50 total of mixed types not 50 of each type and shipping is not a deal breaker. Would any be keen on buying some off me?

My 17 is: 3 pots with 2 each (6 type F), 1 pump (2 Type A), counter flow chiller (2 Type E), 3 hoses (6 Type C), 1 (Type E) for a garden hose to camlock adapter.

3 orders like this would be 50 ish

Views: 487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/group/Quick-Disconnects/1491396_258...

not worth just ordering what you need exactly?

The others were way cheaper but they seem to want me to order 50 of each which would be crazy.

Dang that's a cheap store.

Anyone ordered from them?
Not from that seller but a few of us have used. http://www.aliexpress.com/store/1017341 before. I got all my qd from him.
Seriously, why camlocks?

I think I've posted this before a hundred times so sorry if it's getting boring but I have 2 breweries - 1 with camlocks and 1 with quick disconnects, I'd take the QDs a thousand times over.

Camlocks are a royal pain in the arse, take two hands, take more time (which is kinda important when you're priming your wort pump) and are super fiddly in general which is annoying every single time you use one.

There's just no contest, QDs are way better.

Interesting, I have never used either, I currently have brass garden hose fittings but I need a bunch more and it will cost less to replace the lot with steel camlocks or QDs than keep paying $20 a pop for good garden hose stuff. Most garden hose stuff is 3/4" and weldless homebrew stuff is 1/2" so that's a pain too, having extra bits of plumbing to adapt 1/2" top 3/4". Replacing the brass with stainless is a bonus.

Anyone else got strong opinions on camlocks Vs quick disconnects?

Just a heads up, I know of someone who bought QDs from the same aliexpress supplier as the one linked to above – SHFC – and got duds that leaked. From what I recall they sent replacements and put it right.

I bought all of mine from SHFC in 3 different orders and they're all perfect.

Just one of those things that can happen when ordering sight unseen from abroad.

And for what it's worth, when you buy something from a local retailer they're the same exact item you get direct from the Chinese supplier, because that's where the local retailers get theirs.

I started with Camlocks, changed to QD's as soon as I could and wouldn't go back,

I have purchased some of the problematic QD's , a pain in the a#$e when they get mixed in with all the other fittings, buying sight unseen. best things is to really think through your design and buy what you need in one hit from one supplier, the more you mix and match the more leaks you will have and the harder it will be to work out what the real issue is

QDs it is is then. Thanks for the advice guys.

Do you know how the ID on QD's compares to camlocks? Just thinking about improving the flow for whirlpool purposes.

I don't know the ID exactly, but I can tell you the ones I have don't impede a good whirlpool.

30-ish litres of wort, chugger stainless 3/4" inline head pumps, 1/2" silicon hose.

The ID/bore on cheap camlocks varies but I have seen them as small 6mm on the worst (type C) which is ridiculous.

The ID/Bore on the q/d's I have seen varies also but around 9mm which is ok but not ideal.

IMO neither have the correct barb size for 1/2" silicone hose ie to small but will work.

I like Camlocks from the safety point of view that visual confirmation is all that is required - yes it is locked on properly and isnt going to pop off and blow my precious scalding hot wort everywhere.

I agree buy all your connects whatever they may be from one supplier in one go mixing and matching suppliers and batches normally ends in tears in my experience.

The genuine Snaplock Camlocks are the only ones I have seen which can be mixed and matched from different suppliers successfully with 100% guaranteed success.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service