Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

I saw a video somewhere where they guy was running different burners on different regulators. Cant find it now but using high or medium pressure he got way more heat out of his burners even an old 4 ring. My 4 ring is a bit useless and I wonder if putting higher pressure reg would sort it out. Does any one have experience with this. I'm assuming my mite 10 BBQ reg 2kg/hour and the steps up seem to be 3 or 8kg/hour. Any advice?

Views: 524

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No I meant the pic Peter put up..........But that burner for 40 notes is a good deal I paid that for my smaller one

Wow that's expensive. I paid less than half that for a BG14 from ebay including shipping.

Those calcs from the grainfather thread are for an internal element. it won't work for gas because you are losing a good portion of the heat, and you don't know what it is. So while you may (or may not) be getting that energy out at the burner, you're not getting it into the pot.

Yeah I figured I would lose a bit of heat and need to set up some kind of guard around the burner and bottom of the pot to keep a bit more in (I'm thinking cut the bottom off a steel drum) but the numbers are so far off.

I would expect 25-50% efficiency, with 50% being really, really, really quite an achievement - wide pot, good guarding, lid on, good complete combustion). For reference http://physics.ucsd.edu/do-the-math/2012/05/burning-desire-for-effi... 

Wow 25% that's a bit pathetic. One of the reasons I have read that people go electric over gas.

sure, but look at say your btu in kw: 27*.25 > say 5kw you might be able to eek out of a domestic electric setup.

I saw these one in Aus much cheaper. And how bad could shipping across the ditch be even for a chunk of cast iron.

https://www.auscrown.com.au/page/shop/browse/a/category/e/commercia...

I was thinking the 10 jet would probably fit inside the 24 jet chimney. And if I ever spend the money on building a flash HERMS rig the 10 jet(maybe with a jet or 2 blocked to make it less powerful) could be run low pressure off a Honeywell furnace valve and PID with the 24 jet high pressure and manual. That would mean fast heat rises manually when needed and a slower steady rise or temperature maintenance automatically. Also I recon the chimney into the bottom of a keggle would be more efficient than a standard Mongolian in larger guard.

I use these, $14 and make the stainless glow cherry

No soot or mes son the bottom of the kettles, always clean from day one

Comes with an adjustable regulator at the bottom of the link.

Mine was a few years ago but I ordered two burners with regs and was about $50 landed

Jet Burners

Liam  -  what volume BK you powering with these? sharp price

Hey Peter, I mix my kettles up depending on how I brew but anything from 25 to 75 litres and I need at least 5 litres in there before I turn the gas on or I run the risk of distorting the tank.  That's using the regs that come with it.  Burns a full 7kg bottle of gas in two brews (are they 7 or 9kg?)

I just recently swapped to an NZ high pressure reg but it's too light and I can't get them to a full rolling boild so have to get a new reg shipped in.

How are they when turned down to maintain a boil?

My original idea for a manual high pressure and automated low pressure combo was to use this almost the same as yours but with a slightly higher rise from pipe to burner and cut the middle ring (or 2) out of an old 3 ring burner and poke the high pressure up the middle.

I got the idea from this which would be prefect but for but for $266 without orifice, regulator or any connections its too pricey.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service