Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Does anyone know where I can get a reasonably priced solenoid from? I was thinking about putting a temperature controller on my gas burner. I would prefer 240 volt AC as it would be easy to wire directly to a STC-1000 but if it meant a big difference in price it would be easy enough to use a DC one and a  transformer.

Also I would need something for a pilot light (seems more strait forward than the fancy igniters some folks have), I was thinking the tip of some king of gas touch turned right down would do a good job.

Views: 277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You could probably get all you need from an old (pre-electronics) gas central heating boiler.

They would have a pilot light which would be lit manually or by an electric spark, a thermocouple to monitor that the pilot light was lit, then the main gas valve would be controlled by the room thermostat and timer, all built into one unit.

Hi Cain,

I have my HLT burner hooked up to a 240v solenoid. You need a flame failure device that shuts off the gas if your pilot light blows out, otherwise you'll get a room full of gas when your controller kicks in again. These are the parts I have (from combustion control in Auckland). Note these are for 3/4" fittings, you would probably only need 1/2" or less if its a short run.

ID140 SIT D3 Thermoelectric Valve 3/4" - $185 (flame failure device)

ID199 Black Teknigas Universal Thermocouple 7000/EL/900mm - $13  (talks to the thermoelectric valve if the pilot light goes out)

ID133 SIT 3 Way Pilot  - $42 (you will also need short length of really small ID copper pipe to feed the pilot from the thermoelectric valve. My gas fitter sourced this for me)
D733 Black Teknigas Solenoid Valve 3/4" 230V - $180

Cheers Guys. I brew outside off a BBQ bottle with, low pressure burner and will generally keep an eye on things so not that worried about the possibility of the pilot going out. Unless I can get them all as one unit like Smiffy suggested.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service