Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Views: 568

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jeepers. Obviously works for someone, but wouldn't be my pick of things to make beer in.

yeah and for $250 I would rather buy a 3 ring burner and a 59L savebarn pot etc....

Gosh, really?! I'm with you Peter, pot and burner all the way for me.

I'm all about the electric, but plastic? It just seems all bad. Heat and leaching, safety – melting potential. Why would you?

I was electric then went gas (elements blew...), swinging back to electric as have some 40A SSR and PIDs due in any day now...

Crikey!  Back to the old elec-trickery Pete -  what are you going to do with your stainless military grade afterburner array?? 

keeping that for the moment,   I have elements coming over from craftbrewer to replace the two 2.2kw ones in my 50L pot.   Have a pid for the 40L hot water urn I got off grabone, and I intend to buy a 10gal cooler like yours for the mash tun,  I now appreciate how quick you brewday is due to the pid holding boil kettle at 95C  and i really like the idea of a grant.  my HLT pid will also have a timer so I can set it to be at temp after work or at 6am, for early mash in...

I still reckon that the big gas burners on the military grade setup will work better for larger brews..  I still intend to scale up fresh wort production.....    and still have the gycool unit for a big fermenter project....   I would love to do a 100L ferment I seem to spend too much time brewing too many things,  maybe settle down to fewer but bigger brewdays, now I have a better feel for the beers that I really like,  spellbinder , maximus and perhaps a version of your blonde ale

For $340 you can also get the 32l digital version. Hell, I bet you could DIY a eKettle for much less. With a cheap 42L SS pot and a few weldless fittings + a stc1000 you'd be much better of.

I thought it was illegal to sell anything electrical without a NZ plug on it?

Trademe do have that policy, of taking down uk or euro plugged appliance auctions, have got some real bargins due to this 8)

I always thought the plug had to meet A/NZ standards, mind it's pretty cheap of them not to at least change the plug to the correct one for that price, or supply an adaptor for $3

Basically any electrical appliance coming into NZ for sale MUST have a SDoC (Suppliers declaration of Compliance) this SDoC is proof that the item has been tested and complies with the appropriate standards ect.
More about it all here :
http://www.med.govt.nz/energysafety/appliances-fittings/electrical-...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service