Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anyone got one of these??

http://mangrovejacks.com/products/craft-series-stainless-steel-ferm...

Keen to hear how they are – easy to clean, tap works OK (or can be easily replaced by a stainless one), is it conical inside? If not is there a pickup tube to miss the trub?

All that stuff. What's your experience been like?

Views: 3052

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a thread over on AHB asking the same questions. AHB thread No real user feedback from what I can see but a reasonable description of the unit FWIW.

Cheers Tilt.

That's answered a couple of my questions, not conical, tap isn't easily replaced with a stainless one (oblong hole would require filing out).

Looks OK for the price though.

I too would be interested to see peoples feedback.

I don't really see any benfit in this over a plastic one

Other than that it's not plastic. I don't care what anyone says, plastic leaches and isn't easy to keep sanitised (deep pores that harbour nasties).

But this thing is nothing more than a simple stainless pot with a tap and a lid – why hasn't that been considered before! Both my plastic fermenters are flat bottomed! 

http://www.trademe.co.nz/home-living/kitchen/pots-pans-bakeware/pot... with a weldless bulkhead tap fitted and a hole drilled in lid for bung and airlock. BAM.

I like the idea. Might put it to use. Especially with these cheap as chips pots around on trademe at the moment. I really want a conical though. Maybe I should just build my own... 

how to the "mould"  the bottom of the conical? 

I'd just do it out of 0.8mm stainless panel steel, same as the cheap pots. It would be a bit of a nightmare to weld, being thin shitty stainless (for all those who have tried to weld it before). But do-able I'm sure.

This is a great idea. I've done it before as an open fermenter but it would work great either way. Access for cleaning is way easier than for plastic fermenters that have nooks, crannies and threads. Plus you can essentially sterilize it by putting a couple litres of water in the bottom, leaving the lid on and boiling for 5 mins or so. So easy.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service