Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Yes... it's true. It has become apparent that it is time for me to pass on the thrown for this event to someone closer and better suited.

It's been a great few years... I have seen this group grow from a handfull of friends (Myself, Richard, Wayne, Albrecht, Alister and Daniel) to what it is now - where a "quiet" event hosts 14 participants and many more spectators. It has even spawned offshoots in Wellington, and Christchurch. I have tried to make it along to all of our events, but my workload has made it more and more difficult to do so. And now that I have upscaled my brewery - my time wil be even more scarse than ever.

So, thankyou to Steve Plowman for hosting us all the time. Thanks to guys like Albrecht, Luke, Kelly and Graeme for coming along from time to time to lend us your most excelent palates. Thanks also to all the avid homebrewers in Auckland, Northland and Hamilton who make the quarterly pilgrimage and turning this event into what it has become: A massive success in NZ homebrewing.

I will take this opportunity to thank Barbera Joppa for accepting the onerous responsibility of co-ordinating the future of the WBC. I'm sure you will all agree that on late notice, she did a wonderful job in sorting out the last get together.

Thanks again.

Joe.

Views: 403

Replies to This Discussion

No, thank YOU. :)

Thanks for running it Joe, the first one I came along to, before I was even brewing, got me into the hobby. Cheers.

The King is dead!

Long live the Queen!

Thanks! But can I be a benevolent dictator instead of monarch?

And thanks to Joe for believing in me. I first attended the WBC when Steve asked me to be a judge for the Pilsner competition. That was cool, but I wanted to compete! I left that day thinking the next style was a pumpkin ale. I brewed a pumpkin ale - turned out awesome! - only to find out later that the style was changed to an Irish red. So I brewed that too (and it sucked!) That was March 2009.

In all that time, I brewed all the styles except 2 and attended all of the events. I so get a kick out of each event. I always learn something for you all. And I love talking to everyone too. And although my skills have changed and my palate has grown more acute, my beers still suck. Maybe they always sucked but just didn't have the knowledge to recognize it.

But I will still try. One of these days I will win too.... cue sappy music

Barb

Trawling through old WBC posts and found this!

One of these days you will win.....the national competition!  Hope some will be available to try on Saturday?

Thanks Joe for all the time you have put into these competitions. The feedback from these quarterly comps has certainly helped me improve as a brewer. Not to mention that they are always a great day out, talking and tasting many different beers with experienced and novice brewers. So thanks heaps, it wouldn't have been possible without you. Hope we still get to see you at some of the comps in the future.

Thanks Barbara for stepping up to organise the future comps. Let us know when we can help out...

Cheers Joe.

I for one, welcome our new North Dakota overlord.

Thanks for all the nice comments - you're all too kind!

I feel left out :( you forgot to mention me :) 

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service