Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny that you think that ;-)

Yep, the XX... I really liked it...

Mikkeler Amarillo Single Hop - This was an OK beer. I think it aged a bit before I got it, as I really like Amarillo hops alot, and they just were not as pronounced as I have grown accustomed to. Having said this, it was still a very good beer, and quite drinkable. I have not had a bad Mikkeler yet. 

Mikkeler Citra Single Hop - Although I like Amarillo hops better than Citra, I enjoyed this beer much more. It was nicely balanced, but still held onto the characteristics of the hop.A lovely Amber color, and great mouthfeel. A great beer.

had a small afternoon out with chris.
Called into LLews to pick up hops, thanks for the (A)IPA, that's mighty good after just a week in the bottle Llew, thanks
Next stop bar Edward and a tuatara APA on hand pump. Had this before and it was good, still good this time but thinking about it I should have taken the opportunity to try something new
Dales place to collect malt, Stu's place to drop off beers.
visit to the hop garden and an emersons brown, that's good and I'd love to brew that at 1033 so I can have a few more.
Dropped the girls at the rugby and having a small pale at home.
Raising a glass for Stu and his family, very very sorry to here about your Ma
Slante mhath i think he'd say ?

I have shit loads of beers left over from the H.B.B.A.D. Just sold the Croucher Mothers Milk, bit sad about that, kind of hoped to put it on beer fridge duty. The beer I that am currently enjoying is Martin's Guppies Hammer. Apart from ruining one of our bar staff it has been excellent, the english beer geeks loved it . Once was a real ale but is now its in a corny sucking up the CO2 (for storage reasons).

It suits the fizz, its still got that nutty english ale yeast character, but tastes a bit hoppier.

I shudder to think what my liver will do if I can't find a home for the 24 L of Mikes Imperial Ale.

I shudder to think what my liver will do if I can't find a home for the 24 L of Mikes Imperial Ale.

Sounds like a good excuse to bring the Bay brewers out of the woodwork to welcome in summer (not that it feels like it at the moment) haha ;)

laying in bed just having a nightcap...

Rouge Dead guy, fresh off the boat Via Hashigo.

Just fucking WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I love this beer, and nice and fresh like this is just awesome.

Met a beer tourist at The Hop Garden last night...

West Coast Amber

8 Wired Big Smoke

Renaissance Perfection

The first one was a new beer to me and a bloody nice drop. The other two were tasting as good as I've ever tried them... great work all round!

Sticking with more "pedestrian" beers tonight for the most part. I had a Redhook ESB. I look on rate beer, and see a lot of people really rate this down and do not enjoy it. I actually thought it was not bad for a cheaper beer, and thought it almost catches the character of an ESB.

The second beer is a Dale's Pale Ale. Tis is never an exciting, knock one's socks off beer, but it is a bloody good pale ale. Very enjoyable.

If I have the stamina, I will try Cigar City's "Good Gourd." I had a sampler, and it is the first pumpkin beer that I liked. Lovely cinnamon and nutmeg notes coming through. It is a very warming beer, not really needed in Miami, but I reckon in New York it would be perfect about now with how cold it is up there.
The good, the bad and the ugly, well not quite.
I'd been enjoying the late hopped pale from the keg, got a few bottles too. But the bottles are gushers, just steady foam oozing from the bottle when opened.
The good ? I feel a bit guilty about this. At least a year ago Matthew dropped off a bottle of RIS, I think it might have been a thank you for an emergency packet of 05, I can't remember. But being the 3 to 4% quaffer sort of bloke I am, I put it to one side, thought, I'll sit and savour that some time. Glad I did, beautiful, rich, full, darkly malty, a little toasty but smooth. Hope you've got a couple left for yourself Matthew.
I'm glad you tucked that one away! It's 18 months old and tasting far better than it did in the first year. Sadly, only one bottle left...

You should be pleased with it, enjoy that last bottle

I'm almost tempted to brew one myself, just got to find the patience

Popped into HZ tonight for a couple of tickets for the PBE , had a TPA for a pick me up as it was a long day in the Wairarapa .Went home with a few takeways , Emmersons Southern Clam Stout and a couple of bottles of Nogne O Imperial Stout . almost finished a bottle of the Nogne O , OMFG loving this beer will def be getting a few more of these to put away for a special day . Emmersons tomorrow to share with a mate at lunch.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service