Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, more questions about yeast. If culturing I want healthy yeast and so I will want to add yeast nutrients to my starters etc. Questions

1. Do you guys use yeast nutrients?

2. Just in your starters, or in each brew as well?

3. What do you use and where do you buy it from?

This guys seems to think it is a good idea to use a yeast nutrient all the time... http://www.silveradohomebrew.com/pdfs/Yeast_nutrition_article.pdf

Views: 385

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Ralph
1. Yes.
2. Both and my beers have been better for it. I always use yeast nutrients in my beers.
3. Wyeast yeast nutrient purchased from realbeer.co.nz when I ordered some liquid yeast.
Sheesh - $450 for 1.5 oz on the Wyeast order form!! I am guessing that is mean to be $4.50!! LOL!

lol, yeah $4.50 sounds about right.

I got some through Realbeer a while ago, was making some awesome beers back then, no problems with attenuation on some really big beers too! It's good shit!

I don't remember how much it cost but it sure as hell wasn't $450.

I've also used the brewcraft yeast salt/acid/nutrient stuff which seemed to work ok. I feel more confident recommending and using the Wyeast stuff though.

Same as Mr Cherry for me.

WYeast nutes are better than the Brewcraft stuff because the WYeast one contains Zinc - really important for yeast and often deficient in wort.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service