Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tonight I had a Dieu du Ciel!. Route des Épices.

Loved it, a nicely balanced spicy beer.

Tonight I have a bottle of Mikeller one hop Citra.

Amber / orangish. Well balanced, with a very small head. This is a damn good beer. Very enjoyable. I have my hop smile on. :D

Snuck into town tonight for a bite to eat few pints and a game of pool or two.

Phonecian Cafe best Lebanese food I have had in town.

I now have my hop smile on also thanks to my fav pint of the night (well half pint actually)Liberty M!llers lupulus iipa nice work there Joe keep it up! - my bro in law followed his with a hop zombie which he said paled in comparison.

First beer in a couple of weeks god I've missed having a pint thanks to the Manflu , Just finished having one of my PA and im about to crack open a bottle of Old Rasputin , cant wait to put down a brew

Just had a pint of YB Weemix. Damn fine for a session ale. Might have to try brewing something similar myself!

Cheers Ralph... just hitting its straps now. And they say fresh is not best?

It's a fantastic blend with Fools Gold too. 50/50 blend means you can have two beers with three drinking options... a 3.5% brown ale, a 3.9% amber and a 4.3% golden ale.

Let me know if you want ideas on a recipe.  I'd up the crystal in that beer a little if we were going to do it again.

This summer we've got another two tap beers down in that sessionable area again... Nerdherder was hop v hop, Europa and Rapture were yeast v yeast... Red Right Ankle and Red Right Hand will be malt v malt.

I would love some ideas on a recipe Stu. I have been playing around with N. Sauvin, NZ Cascade and Pacifica as my hops in my pales and really liking the combo but next brew is an amber which was going to be Sauvin, Cascade and Styrian...
Take a little walk to the edge of town, go across the tracks
Where the viaduct looms like a bird of doom, as it shifts and cracks
Where secrets lie in the border fires, in the humming wires,
Hey man you know you're never coming back
Past the square, past the bridge, past the mills past the stacks
On a gathering storm comes a tall handsome man
In a dusty black coat with a ?
oh. not as cool.

Jeeze, I called these "Red Baron" and "Red Card" somewhere else... Marketing department fail.

I think I prefer the musical references.

Emerson's JP 2011 - big ester bomb... banana, apple, spiced muffins... love it. Dropped a few bottles in my cellar and look forward to trying them over the next year or two.

8 Wired Saison Sauvin - this is my favourite 8 Wired beer ever. I really like Hopwired but I love this. Almost as good as Soren's homebrew trial I tasted in April.

Fuller's - Really lovely beer, that I'm sure many people would pick as the kind of beer I love, and almost as lovely as one of the vintage ales.

Parrotdog Bitterbitch - finally tried a bottle of this... a bit of diacetyl and at the top end of what I could handle but not unexpected in a what they describe as an Englishy new world IPA. Nice balance and not at all as scary as the name would suggest.

Emerson's Brownville - Kieran from Regionals described our Fools Gold as "Timothy Taylors Landlord on an NZ holiday" and I'd describe this as "Fuller's London Porter on a tour of new world hop farms". Loved it.

Mussel Inn Captain Cooker - mad props, so delicious... and almost everyone i give it to LOVES it.

Liberty/Mike's TPA - giving Tuatara APA a run for its money as the most popular hoppy beer in town... just seems a little bit too caramelly for what I'd have with NZ hops but i can really see why people love it... so well balanced.

Croucher Pale Ale - pretty much perfect...

some nice hops in that JP to I thought. 

Good description of Brownville :-)

I'm guessing that was meant to be Fullers Old Masters XX?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service