Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Righty O.

So this has come up really fast.

If anyone (who hasn't already) wants to get some of the ingredients for this brew - and haven't been able to find the necessary hops - I might be able to help out.

You see - Monks Habbit is one of my all time favourites... and I came really close to cloning it a couple times. I never nailed the malt - but I'm confident that I got those hops pretty bang on.

So anyhow, two of the varieties in my clone isn't widely available. So - for you, I'm going to dig into my own personal stash and offer you's a hookup with some 2011 harvest Riwaka, and some 2010 Amarillo. Going cheap too - I won;t hike the prices up just because of availability (or lack theirof).

So flick me an email on sales@libertybrewing.co.nz and let me know that you are doing the Monks clone. Let me know how much of each you want and I'll hook you up.

Good luck - and happy brewing.

Joe.

Views: 717

Replies to This Discussion

I'm hoping to make it up - but one of my operators broke his knee cap, so I'm a man down for a month or so. I can speak for my brother in law though - I know he's brewed one. Alister will be along to steward too. So that's three. Also... I know the John Gollics and Paul Dunsmuir have brewed for this. So that's 5... maybe even a couple more from the AGWB.
Jimmy and I have one each but we'll probably only enter the closest one.

I think you should enter both... you palates will differ to the judges.

Unless of course one is greatly flawed.

.... you guys like Brett? :P
I do in my Orval...!
Kegging my effort tonight. See you all out there.
Nothing from me as I did my first brew in four months on Sunday. Still hope to get along.

I didn't brew this time but I am happy to judge. I will bring the latest brew for tasting (it will be a bit young but I am sure you all won't mind too much)

See you all on the 27th

I'm in for this - just dry hopped the keg a few days ago, so should be good to go.

Sweet as people... I have some good news... and some not so good news.

First up - the judges. We have Shane Morely on board to lend us his educated palate for the Monks Habbit clone. Also - Steve Plowman will be throwing his oar in - and last but by no means least - Martin Bridges to add 6'5" of opinion. Unfortunately... I can't be there for various reasons including lazyness (which I must add is not the deciding factor for me not being there).

The good news is however... I will be sending up a couple kegs of a small... minor phenominon called M!llers Humulus and M!llers Lupulus which Steve will be tapping for this very evening. Please try some, and put your opinion to good use right here.

Cheers.

Aww man, I'll have to save a hug for next time you're up. You know you love em! Really looking forward to trying those M!llers tho.

I feel somewhat overawed to be amongst that judging panel but I'll do my best.

If anyone is heading to Hallertau from the upper North Shore and can give me a lift in one direction, I'm sure my wife would be very happy!

Noob question here - what time is kickoff for the competition?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service