Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Im interested in making a brewery.
On average how much would it cost to set up a medium sized brewery?
Thanks

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

About $100,000 I reckon - but that won't include any OpEx.
Medium sized as compared to to what? how many liters or hectolitres per week etc, are you talking? a medium sized home brewery or a medium sized commercial brewery?
If commercial I,d put the minimum at $250,000, premise's , equipment , materials, set up costs, tax, licenses etc!
Just a guess from me, im sure there are others on this forum who know for sure how much it costs.
Best to hear from them.
I know someone who does exactly this and will give you exact figures and specs. They don't operate solely in NZ. If you are serious I can put them on to you? PM me tolak68@hotmail.com
There is CLE Brew Systems (Nelson), Farrar (Dunedin) and John Timpany (Invercargill).
These guys have all made well known breweries in NZ and will have plenty of references.

There are a few overseas outfits to - check out Beer and Brewer magazine for some direction there. I think one is called Integrated Brewing Solutions and another is PBST Brewing. I think both have supplied breweries to NZ (PBST definitely have).
Thank you very much for your help.
Guess you need to define medium sized.

It seems that 1200 litres is a popular size , and seems to be about the minimum for an economically viable business.
so how much would it roughly be to set up a 1200 litre system, delivered and installet but not counting other expenses?
$150-$200k. You'd want double that to start a brewery... unless oyu are planning on working for free. Triple it if you want a basic brewpub. Quadruple it if you want a nice one.
Getting higher every day too lads. Everything is based on the price of oil.

Write out a list of what you think you would need in a brewery. Post it on here and we'll tell you what you have missed.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service