Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Taking it easy tonight as today is the first day of the Scallop season and im keen for a early dip in the morning. Tonight it's Renaissance Elemental Porter, Cheers guys and have a great weekend

Cigar City Oatmeal Raisin Cookie - This brown ale certainly lived up to the name! They hit what they were aiming for. The beer initially tastes of toasted oatmeal, with touches of vanilla and raisins on the finish. I would not want more than one pint at a time since the flavour would not really be sessionable in my opinion, but what a lovely beer. Cigar City hit the mark on this one!

Thornbridge Raven - Not the best black IPA I have had, but it was a damn good beer. Thornbridge never lets one down. I swear the beer tasted like it had Sauvin hops in it, a lovely aroma on this beer. (Toasty carmel.)

Good session

Birra del Borgo Re Ale Extra: I am generally not impressed by the Italian beers I have had. This is the exception.

Honey/peach/mango and maltiness combined in this beer is lovely. I want more. Unfortunately, this is not cheap enough for a old shlub like me to buy more. However, I will be traveling to NYC soon, and I hear that the head brewer for this is working on a collaboration to open a brew pub on a roof in the city. I hope I get to taste it, as if it is as good as this beer, I will be pleased.

Hi Michael,

I have it on good authority that Thornbridge Raven does indeed have Nelson Sauvin hops in it. Well spotted! If you had it in the bottle, it's not 100% as intended. On cask it used to be a lot better due to the dry-hopping process we used to be able to do on the original Thornbridge Brewery, but with the new brewery, it means that dry-hopping is a lot more difficult due to the use of a centrifuge (hop residue can block up certain types of centrifuge).

One of my favourite beers on cask though. Lovely...

Just finished a pint of JT's pale 1033 beer.

It's gotta be one of the best home brews I've ever had in my entire life. No shit. For 1033 - this beer has some awesome malt - it's really well hopped... you name it. I am speechless almost.

Had his hoppy mild the other day too. Mike and I really liked it - but it doesn't really have anything on this little thing.

All I can suggest is if you see a recipe that JT posts up on here: give it a go! You wont regret it.

Aww too kind Joe, especially as that's YOUR recipe (brewed with malts from Liberty)

Or maybe I shouldn't have said that ... anyway, after talking 1060 vs 1030 last week, it's good to know you tried them

Cheers, jt

Yeah Jt thats some mighty fine beer your brewing up there!!

Just adoring a bottle of Hop Zombie, bought from Moore Wilsons in Masterton (Bless 'em), whilst multi tasking, watching the highlights on Le tour de france,  giving a buddy of mine a job reference for a geologist job in Canada (curiously the Hop Zombie made me strangely verbose!) whilst pointing out the space shuttle to my daughter in the night sky.  No shit... http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/cities/view.cgi?coun...

Time for another beer.

Sorens Batch 18 - Barrel aged Imperial Stout, What an incredibly awesome beer, way too complex to start describing.

All I can say is get yourself a bottle and sit yourself down.

^^ im also having Batch 18 tonight with a couple of Hangi's that got dropped off at work today

Managed to find a Fullers Past Masters XX tonight.

Awesome beer, geekiest so far.

Met up with a few Auckland SOBA-ites in the Cock & Bull Newmarket last night. I don't go in there often enough - the beer is consistently good.

Classic Draught, Seasonal (California Common), Fuggles, Monks Habit & back to the Fuggles. Accompanied (latterly) by the first half of the AB's game. Wobbled home for a pint of my limbo runner-up "Littlest Beauty" which is still tasting good for a 3.6% beer.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service