Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Primo day in Welly for spearfishing  today got a good feed of fish , crayfish and paua . picked up some beers for the boys own our way home , none have tried craft beer before so i got them started on the Hop Zombie and the look on their faces Hooked !!! one of the pricks took my  Bottle of 8 Wired barrel aged Imperial Stout from the boot. Tonight after dinner i will be tucking into this

Awesome post Dan, hit those boys with the hops.

Pinks peculiar is my Monday nightcap, sour and bloody delicious. Cheers to @curdnerd for leaving it at mine
Who ever took the 8wired is in for a surprise.... Huge beer that one!
I am in NYC, and found a craft beer pub called Rattle & Hum. 40 Craft Brews on tap. (I am smiling)

De Molan Vuur & Vlam - Lovely beer. Nice citrus /pine aroma. Tastes of Kiwifruit!

Next a flight with the follow plus one more.

Mikkeller Koppi IPA
Mikkeller Hoppy Easter
Mikkeller Beer Geek Bacon
Mikkeller Beer Geek Bacon - On the nose this smells like a weaker Rex Attitude. Smoky, rich peat. A very dark color with notes of coffee, and i think rather sharp phenolics.
Saranac Pale Ale - To sum it up, a huge disappointment.
I REALLY enjoyed Saranac Pale Ale when I had a bottle. A lovely English style pale ale.

I had a few dutch heinekens at a mates place. So different from the nz version, this has hops and malt.

Also a few sips of my riwaka/amarillo/warrior/citra extra pale ale (kinda lagerish). The bitter is exceptionally smooth for a very fresh beer (thats the warrior) and I think I can taste the tropical fruits the citra should bring. Carbonate faster beer!

Renaissance Craftsman Oatmeal Chocolate Stout. I like this. Anyone know where I can get cocoa nibs?
I got mine from Craftbrewer in Aussie. Was already doing an order with them so might not be worth for just the nibs.

I've seen these locally (Mediterranean food warehouse). Depending on where you live you may be able to find them somewhere similar or else order online.

http://www.equagold.co.nz/EquagoldProducts/RetailProducts/CocoaandC...

Richard here, stealing James' laptop - I found them today at Nosh. $10 per hundred grams. I got 200g, because, well, fuck it, I like chocolate :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service