Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Its not really a grand cru,  more a strong Belgian Golden Ale, but I liked the sound of it. It took a long time to ferment, about 3-4 weeks. I'm not sure exactly as I went holiday and just left it on 23 degrees.  But it did attenuate really well to 1.007.  The first time I tasted it I thought it was horrible, like boutique mouthwash.  But now it's conditioned a bit it's become much more drinkable with a real dry finish which I dig.

Bambule Grand Cru

4kg Halcyon

0.25kg Wheat

0.05Kg Cara Aroma

0.7kg sugar

30 IBUs with Nelson Sauvin

wyeast 3944 yeast.

OG: 1.065

FG:  1.007

I've put a best after May 2011 label on it which you can ignore as it's drinking ok now, but I'm sure it will get better with a bit more time if you're patient.  Enjoy.

Views: 106

Replies to This Discussion

ps. hope you're ok with the new pet name.

Bambi... My initial thoughts are it would add to the list of intrgiuing Yeastie Boys beer titles.  Style: Saison. We can discuss royalties later.

Glad you liked the beer as well!

My god, this beer is amazing!! Pours a crystal clear golden colour with a big fluffy head, spice and cloves on the nose, deliciously balanced on the palate, soft bitterness, honey malt flavours, more spice, super dry finish. Man, what an amazingly balanced beer - cheers heaps mate!!

cheers rev!

Poured a crystal clear deep gold with lively carbonation. This was very very drinkable, I got through it way faster than I should have. I was cooking dinner and didn't get down any notes but overall i found it to be clean, crisp with subtle Belgian spicy notes and a touch toffee. Martin mentioned Duvel comparisons, I must say IMHO this easily stands up to that beer.

Thanks, great beer !

Richard and I had to resort to the style guidelines to know what we should be tasting on this one.

By the sounds of it, you have it nailed!

Beautiful gold colour on the pour. A little bit low on carb for our bottle. The head did not sustain the way we would have liked either.

Pleasent warm spicy aroma with hints of ripe pear and rockmellon.  

Smooth malt character with warmth and spice on the slurp. Same subtle fruits making a showing here aswell.

Tasty beer with a bit of a kick. Glad to be splitting a 750 of this but enjoying it immensly on a lazy sunday evening.

Wow am I glad I saved this for last!

Bright golden clear with puffy pillowy white head that sticks. I got some of the lees in the jug because it looked so damn good I didn't want to waste a drop!
Bubblegum hints on the nose with clovey phenolics that kick in.
Rich honey malt on the palette which combined with spritzy carbonation really fills the mouth before disappearing rapidly in a spicy dry finish.

Awesome beer, going down superbly on a wet dark Auckland evening. Well brewed mate, one of the beers of the swap for me.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service