Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Really sorry to hear that JT.
Condolences to you and the family, John. The last BKP has 'JT' written on it...

Well finally the much anticipated Hop Zombie lashings of citrus and as it warmed more tropical flavours love to know what hops where in here?

In true copy cat styles this is the song I would match with this beer!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBx39-KbMk

Also had Croucher Patriot which stood up very very well after the zombie! which is an acomplishment in itself!!

Well Michael and myself went on a mission into Maltys and Hashigo yesterday arvo/evening for a few tasty beverages - we met Johnny and Steph for the first time which was cool!

Liberty Sexual Chocolate - very nice beer I think jt would quite enjoy this! not quite sure how it got its name but I was expecting somthing a bit darker and well ... more chocolatey

Townshends NTA - yum reminded me of my recent experiments with 1469 yeast - unfortunatley the bag blew dry when I went back for a second

Townshends Bandsmans Cornet - nice bitter very sessionable.

Townshends Dinner Ale - nice kind of got a bit lost after the series of bigger beers before it worth revisiting this one me thinks

Captain Cooker - very unique aromas with a nice dry finish I reckon it would go well with bbq food at the end of a hot day

Croucher Patriot - awesome stuff love the hop aroma!

Mash Up - nice beer not quite what I was expecting but still good 

Nogne Barleywine - just had a taster of this not normally a big fan of barleywine but this was good!!

The whole time we were at Hashigo I was praying for the Liberty stout to come on but it never happened :-(

not sure why but I reckon its going to be a cracker stout.

Sexual Chocolate is named after Randy Jackson's band in the Eddie Murphy film Coming To America. Glad you liked it, I've been itching for reviews, haven't heard much at all about how its being received.
I reckon that my favorite beers last night were the Crouch Patriot, and the Sexual Chocolate. Having said this, i would definately have another Cooker, and was ery happy with the Ordinary bitter.

It was a great day/evening. I am glad i was drinking a lot of water as well. :)

When I got the txt saying you were heading into town it was sooooo tempting to say 'screw the world' I'll join you ... but otherwise occupied with some family stuff

But I've had a few beers this week other than the ones on tap at home. A bottle of Matthew's BKP appeared on the door step and I shared (as intended) with my brother. It's still really rich tasting, obviously I've been in the wrong gravity band for a while. Off on a different tack to the one we brewed in Michael's garage in Tawa with the cascade not so pronounced.

A couple of bottles of Bitburger the lager he's been drinking in the Emerates. Quenchers for a hot day I'm sure but not a lot of flavour.

I opened the bottle of Tui Blande that's been here since left by the inlaws at Christmas - we both did a drainpour but it did remind him that we still have our bad beer too

Also lacking in flavour was a widget can of Guinness for old times sake

More good times to come I'm sure though. Planning on checking the guest tap at the parrot & jigger this week and maybe the rounds in town soon

Just realised that beer is/was a year old. A little surprised you got any hop!
Good bitterness, couldn't pick the hops - which made me think it was a later version and hopped without the shovel loads of cascade !
You wont be disappointed with the Stout, Chris. Thanks for the feedback about Sexual Chocolate. I'll have a chat with Bazza and see if we can't improve on it with version 1.1

To be fair, the predecessor to Sexual Chocolate was much darker and more chocolatey but I dialled it back to be what is now known as Sexual Chocolate to suit my (soft) tank water. I'm glad that I did, despite that the name doesn't suit it as much as it could, if I'd left it the same you'd be effectively drinking Croucher Patriot (though we'd be doing well if it was that exceptional). As it is it's kind of out there on it's own - paler but still definitely brown (as opposed to red/amber).

I was wondering how the Liberty/Barry thing worked is it Barry's recipe brewed by Liberty?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service