Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

A couple of friends and I have been talking about how it would be interesting to see how good a beer people can come up with in the 3% range. We've decided to give it a go and invite any of you who might be interested to try your hand at it and bring it along so we can all try it out. No formal judging is planned at this stage, just crowd-sourced honest opinions.

• No particular style just so long as it's under 4%
  • Bring a plate of nibbles. Extra nice nibbles if you're only coming to taste
  • Saturday June 11th from midday
  • 34a Potter Avenue, Northcote on Auckland's snazzy North Shore
  • 021 55 09 58 if you get lost
  • RSVP here

Views: 677

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like a great challenge. Seems like all my brews have been coming out rather high and not on purpose, either. I will just have to see if I can get some time to do it.

If I don't have a brew, I may come by (with some awesome food) to try the others.

Good idea!

I'm not normally into these types of beers. I like the flavour of milds, northern browns etc... but they just don't turn me on.

Having said that though... I reckon I've cracked it. I know I sound like a real self opinionated arse when I say stuff like that - but it's true. I'm on my 3rd pint of this experimental brew that I made for one of my favourite barkeep's... and I can't get enough. I'd like to get a bit of a buzz on - but I'd have to be drinking it pretty fast (not that it's a problem!)

It's good shit. I'd love to enter - but to be fair, I dont think anyone would stand a chance against this brew!

Cheers.

I have tasted that beer and it tastes like a peaches arsehole while its being rooted by a passionfriut which shot his load of endosperm into my glass!!

That needs to be on the beers label if it ever gets into a bottle.
You'll be able to try some this arvo, Dave.
Haha! After that buildup you're going to have to at least send a bottle or two for us to try out. :)

Well, I've got a 3.8% lager that's tasting all right at the moment. I've bottled a couple before the keg runs out. Also got an ordinary bitter on the go. Maris Otter, Crystal 60 and a tiny touch of Chocolate with Fuggles and Thames Valley yeast. It should finish at about 3.5%.

(Come on Joseph @ Liberty; I've got a backlog of beers that need to get into kegs!)

Still waiting on returns mate - as soon as any arrive I have 2 with your name on them!
Cheers fella. I've been in contact with Barry as per your phone call and will get back to you.
Sounds pretty cool actually. I'm brewing a pair of ordinary bitters right now in fact! Hopefully they're still in decent shape by then.
Oh shit, I gave my address out. Looks like I'll need police protection.
Don't worry man, I'll leave the samurai swords at home.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service