Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Given that it’s everyone’s favourite part of home-brewing(!), surely someone has a better bottling bucket idea than a spare fermenter or slow syphon.  For myself, all I’m after is a 20ish litre bucket with a tap that drains from its lowest point (so no tipping, no wasted beer...). 

So far building or buying such a thing has eluded me, so if you have one (or sell one) I’m all ears.

Views: 321

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just use the spare fermenter, doesn't seem to be too problematic. Bottle from the tap with one of those bottling attachments that fill from the bottom and tip the fermenter for the last bottle, easy! Very little wasted beer.
Exactly what I was doing earlier but had to tip the thing up to an increasing degree for the last 4 bottles (3L) - hence the post.  A cheap conical bucket would make it just that bit more pleasant.  I guess we all have the things that bug us most.

Unfortunately I don't think you'll find such a thing as a cheap conical bucket, the flat bottom ones are expensive enough as it is.  You can get plastic conical fermenters in the states that would do the trick but you'd probably be better off saving your money and going to kegs instead.

What I do that kinda works is get a piece of broken racking cane or copper tubing and put a bend in it.  Insert this into a rubber stopper and then put this stopper in the tap inside the bottling bucket.  Only costs a couple bucks and five minutes to make, you still may need to tip it for the last bottle though.

I think to be honest there is no cheap & easy way. Even it you find said bucket, you'll still have to decant out of your fermenter (FV) into it before bottling or you'll get all the yeast and trub if you take from the lowest point of an FV. Plus, you increase the chances of oxygen pickup with all the transfering. I,m tending to agree with JackoNZ I,m afraid.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service