Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20340

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Already noted by management! ;-)

Last night, a few North Welly pales in the sun at the bbq - great night for it

Topped off with Matthew Warners IPA

Big, big hops wafting out of the glass - couldn't pick the hops, what where they ?

Very dry after the sweetish ales I'd been drinking.

I think I've got the better end of the stick there chap, but at least you'll be able to look at Super Alpha in a whole new light

cheers, jt

I wondered about Sauvin but couldn't pick the rest, just too jaded by the time I tried it. I would  have started with one but I had to drive so saved it until afterward

So what's dried it out so much, mash or just buckets of hops ?

Yeast ? I'm going to fail miserably there - but considering my recent discussions you've got me thinking it could be '05 W1469 ... or even a dried English ale yeast ?

Want a side by side sample thanks Matt.
Macs Hop Rocker - Tastes sorta.... Malty :oP lol, hint of NZ cascade, almost no sauvin character - Wow, what a piece of sh*t this once awesome beer has become :o(

Yeah, Hop Rock has it's ups and downs I think.

Stop tutu-ing with the fucking recipe ;-)

I would say - Hop Rocker has its downs and downs these days

Just having a Rothaus Pilsner.

Just enjoyed a Yeastie Boys Rapture followed by Libertys American Landlord. Very nice. Even better, it was at Pomeroys. Glad to see it's back in business.

Side by side Europa - Rapture at the moment.

Actually starting to enjoy the seaweed phenolic now.  BTW - I have no idea why this certain phenolic reminds me of seaweed, I get it in some other spicy Belgians too.

Rapture completely overshadows Europa though.  I guess that's kinda the point though.

A blend of two parts Rapture to one part Europa is bloody good I reckon.

I heard this sometimes described as "iodophor" phenolic (iodophenols?).Kinda makes sense as seaweed is rich in iodine. As for me I can taste in most belgians, maybe low threshold for this stuff.

Good point, will look into that.

Also good to know I'm not the only one haha.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service