Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Hi guys, long time browser, first time poster.  I have been looking into getting myself a twin keg, beer gas setup.  Ive got a fridge just big enough to hold two 19L corny kegs but obviously don't want to run into problems refilling the appropriate gas bottle.  I have been looking at a couple of options:

http://www.brewcraft.com.au/wawcs0141821/beer_keg_system.html

I am pretty sure that this is the option available at Brewers Coop and I would prefer to give Mike my business but I will need to sort out a regulator for NO2 (will I?) and also get a gas bottle.

http://kegresources.co.nz/keg01/products/kegerator-kits.html

This sounds like a good setup, pretty much the same as the Brewcraft one but I can opt out of the CO2 regulator and get a Nitrogen one for about an extra $90.  Would this be sufficient to run a beer gas setup or would I need a different bottle?

Thanks for any help you can offer, I'm based in Pakuranga, Auckland and would prefer not to have to travel out of Auckland to refill my gas bottle although that shouldn't be a problem.  If anyone can give me any more advice I would appreciate it, the setup is looking like it will cost around $950 if I upgrade the regulator and the CO2 is still suitable to use.

Cheers,

Pommy

Views: 4993

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

BOC and most companies will only fill their own cylinders.

Food grade CO2 it is.  Doesn't matter because usually welding grade gas is higher purity than food grade haha.  Usually they're filled from the same main cylinder, they just have to have seperate bottles on the consumer side, some government regulation thing I think.

Cheers. BOC definitely do it, it's where I'm renting mine from at the moment, but I'd heard they wont do certain cylinders if they're not certified in some way. good to know there's a few other places anways.

Matt, 2 things

1. Ditch the BOC cylinder and front up for your own cylinder - the economic benefit in the long term is definately evident.

And 2. Change banks, you shouldnt be getting bank charges for failed payments these days, I know the bank I work for doesn't charge these fees anymore :oP lol - happy for you to PM me about this :o)

good to see you justifying all the time spent on realbeer at work tyler :)
Yeh for sure, I'll definitely be talking to brewcraft. Re. the charges, cheers for the offer..all sorted though, I was on a free account...catch being charges for failed payments etc..all good now though.

"catch being charges for failed payments"

There shouldnt be such a thing :oP lol - Let me guess, you're with ASB arent you?? Crooks haha

Haha nah, Kiwibank mate.

Currently hating on all of you eh, especially you Druid - Fu*k that is cheap mate!!!

I paid $250 at Grey Lynn :o( But everyone else is only paying $200 - WTF?? lol, oh well, I gues I have got about 3 free refills from them, ill make sure to try and get more to make up for the extra $50 I was charged :oP haha

They see me keggin, they hatin'  :-)

Seriously though, I don't think it'll take long for him to realise what a bargain they are and for the prices to go up.

They see me keggin, they hatin'  :-)

Hahahahahahaha.  Love that.

You guys just need to do what I do, find someone who already gets gas for something and then get CO2 rental cylinder, free CO2 y0!

By free, don't you mean "someone else paying for it"? :)
Yeah bro, free to me :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service