Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ok, so What Are You Brewing was a hotty, as topics go.

Now I'm 15 pints into a keg I only filled on Tuesday and wondering if anyone else has a favourite at the moment ?

It's my second brown with US-Oh05 and it's better than the forst, maybe Ikept the temps down a bit during the scorcher we had in januray

Views: 20341

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thats would be a great move I reckon.
I heard they were going to brown ages ago, but all the bottles i see down here are still green
Yeah, I had a horribly-skunked bottle of Golden in O'Carrolls a few weeks back. I wish they'd shift over to brown bottles, but I guess the look of their bottles is part of the brand image.
I think Ralph uses brown when he cant get green. We get shippments through occasionally in brown but usually in green.
To be honest with you Chris; I actually enjoyed the Coopers Stout better. I realise this may be blasphemy, but The taste buds say the Coopers was better.

Three places, if you are ever in Dunedin...

Castle MacAdam (wicked little bottle store, great selection, top owner and fill-yer-owns!)

The Albar (4 handpumps, including a freakin' amazing 3.2% mild from Emerson's trial plant, and a HUGE whisky selection - they were saying they go through about a bottle a day!)

Tonic (superb, tiny little bar with a nice range of tap beers, excellent bottled beers and absolutely an outstanding set of staff - testament to how good this place is was that every single person who came into the bar that night said hello and goodbye to the staff and owners by name... and the staff knew them all by name too... not just a bar but a community).

And, if you like Japanese food... get to Yuki. Great little place that only needs some craft beer to be perfect. Although the sake and plum wine kept us happy.

All these places were within a couple of hundred metres (take out Tonic and they're all within 50m).

And we never even got to Eureka!!

"Although the sake and plum wine kept us happy."

Plumb wine is a misnomer on both counts - its actually apricot spirit ;-)

apricot spirit? It's plum infused shochu.

wikipedia knows what I'm on about

Prunus mume, commonly known as ume or Japanese apricot,

Shōchū is a distilled beverage native to Japan

I made something similar to umeshu by soaking greenish apricots in clear spirit with loads of rock sugar.  I wanted to get some real ume to do it but I couldn't find any.
gotta admire your selective editing... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prunus_mume
lol ;-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service