Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

It's a cracker folks - a beautiful Summer. I've been getting stuck into my famed summer brew, with an Amarillo twist. I've decided that this will be the Debut beer from my brewery. I would go with something bigger, but I really want to focus on seasonal brewing... and after the session I've been having on this stuff I really wantto share it with everyone.

The question is though - homebrewers who have been brewing my traditional recipe will be used to the Simcoe... but I can assure y'all the Amarillo is so right for this time of the year.

So - I'll leave it up to you. What hops do you want in your West Coast Blonde.

Vote here

Views: 215

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see the votes are trickeling in....

Don't be scared - what have you been voting for?

I voted for Amarillo (obviously)

I think you should both and do a side by side taste comparison.
That's easy enough... I was probably gonna do that anyhow! I can on;y brew one batch at a time though... and there always has to be a first...
I voted for Amarillo.  I haven't brewed with Amarillo for about two years and I plan on brewing with it again as soon as I'm finished exploring Simcoe.
I would like Sorachi Ace in my West Coast Blonde. Please.
Hook a brother up then Dave.....!

One more Push for votes... Slack couriers have delayed brewday from today to some time next week... So Simcoe still has a chance - I see that it had a small resurgence last week... VOTE VOTE VOTE!!!!!!

http://poll.fm/2m4ph

Why do you have to choose? Use both...

When/where are we likely to see this on the shelves/taps Jo?

Nah - my original West Coast Blonde is a Simcoe GP SMaSH... But the Amarillo "remix" (to coin a phrase) just got annhialated this summer. I went through 3 double batches for BBQs etc in the last 2 months alone!

By the time it comes out, it might be late Summer - but I'm hoping it'll still be within season.

I can confirm that it will definately be on at Hallertau in Auckland and at Hashigo in Wellington. Sth islander sill have to wait (unfortunately) until the bottled version hits the shelves.

"remix" (to coin a phrase)

Don't worry, we won't sue. I'd like to see more breweries remixing...

Does that mean I can stop referring to the Black Emperor rebrew as tweaked and instead say its been remixed?
yeh, sure... or, working on your kiwi accent, you could call it "remuxed".

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service