Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ged's Comments

Comment Wall (49 comments)

At 12:10pm on December 4, 2008, Reviled said…
Cheers mate :o) Good to see you in the swap too...
At 11:01am on December 23, 2008, Kempicus said…
No beer here yet....i'm a bit worried because things have been stolen before.....:0/
At 12:11pm on December 23, 2008, Kempicus said…
Yippee yours has just turned up too!! actually looking pretty bright for having travelled! i'm going to take it on holiday with me :0)
At 2:02pm on December 23, 2008, Kempicus said…
no problem i'll have my note book with me and nothing else to do at the inlaws.....
Merry xmas to you too!
At 3:09pm on December 29, 2008, James P said…
That cylinder sounds like it, however you need to check that the thread matches your regulator. $200 is pretty good, considering a test and fill is about $75.

Just let me know when you are ready and I'll give you a hand!
At 9:52am on December 30, 2008, Kempicus said…
Ged just sent you feedback now...

JK
At 10:09pm on January 5, 2009, Nick Page said…
Hi Ged
Nelson trip is definately on, including NZ Hops visit Sat am.
Let me know yr travel plans if you can make it.
Cheers Nick
At 2:46pm on January 13, 2009, Reviled said…
I used to read the Brunes (spelling?) all the time, awesome!! :o) My dad has a heap of their comics...
At 2:51pm on January 13, 2009, Stu McKinlay said…
Crivvens! nice profile pic Ged.
At 7:31pm on January 13, 2009, James P said…
Got bored waiting for the other computer to do it thing so....

At 8:14pm on January 16, 2009, denimglen said…
Haha cheers, I've just done a 'dry' run and to be honest is feels like it's more dramas than it's worth.

I'm using a welding propane regulator, it runs one burner at ~2 psi well, any more than that and it seems like I'm just wasting fuel. I haven't tried running all three yet but I dunno if the standard bbq regulator would be up to the job. I'm thinking of tossing those burners and importing some, or binning the kegs and getting proper kettles or maybe trashing both. Doesn't feel like it's working out that well at the moment.
At 11:51am on January 19, 2009, Reviled said…
Hey bud, I havnt bothered with a collar, I only have a cheap picnic tap so havnt really looked into it yet... Maybe one day, but probably not this year :oP lol

Personally, its not much of a hassle to just lift the lid, pour, close the lid, walk away with big smile and full pint of beer :o) hahaha
At 2:09pm on January 19, 2009, Reviled said…
Sweet cheers mate, def keen to see some pics once youve got a collar on ;o)
At 9:55pm on January 28, 2009, Ally Mcg said…
Cheers Ged another Scotsman too if the Oor Wullie pic is anything to do by. Might need to get my parents to send out my annuals. I was probably always more of The Broons man tho.
At 2:25pm on February 17, 2009, Reviled said…
Hey bud you still in on the case swap? Dates been set for 28th of March :o)
At 8:45am on March 23, 2009, Reviled said…
Good stuff mate :o) Did you guys have a sneaky tasting session allready or are you waiting till you get all the bottles?
At 9:25am on March 24, 2009, Dan said…
Hi Ged Just read your comment on my page, 2 months too late, thanks for the info on the chilly bins, will hunt one down sometime.
At 6:30pm on March 28, 2009, Ally Mcg said…
Hey Ged, just noticed yr comment. The recipe went something like this

250g Marris Pale Otter
1.5kg Chelsea White Sugar
.5kg mix Demerara and Muscavado
juice and zest of six lemons
100g of grated ginger
For 14 litres

Mashed the grain, then added the sugar and ginger to the wort then boiled for 15 mins. Added the zest, the lemon juice at flame out. Dry 'hopped' with some more lemon rind and some more grated ginger. OG = 1.058. Put in my fermenter with some kit yeasts I had lying about.
At 10:29pm on April 1, 2009, Rusty Chch said…
Geddo,

I cracked one of your bottles tonight. It was cracking. I think the trick is to leave it sit for a few minutes after you've opened it.
At 2:26am on April 4, 2009, Rusty Chch said…
1. No
2. yes

You need to be a member of RealBeer.co.nz to add comments!

Join RealBeer.co.nz

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service