Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

That was an awesome buzz last night regarding the US Beer on Beerstore...

So what did you order? No prizes for guessing what I orderd...

Blind Pig
Pliny The Elder
Union Jack
Alaskan
Alesmith

Views: 678

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm cheating... I've already had heaps of Pliny!

However... it never hurts to remind the taste buds!
I know...asshole :-P

Would you recommend having the pliny first? Or should I leave it to last so it doesn't shadow the other beers in my order (even though I'm not gonna thrash them all in one night)?
Have it first. Read the disclaimer around the outside edge on the label. All beer is good - and look at them in their own light. Nothing can compare to Pliny the Elder... but you have to drink it to appreciate it. It aint a kellerbier.
Choice, thanks.
Oh, the expensive joy of it...
2x Sierra Nevada Porter
2x Sierra Nevada Pale Ale
1x Pliny The Elder because all you guys rave about it so much
6x Anchor Liberty Ale because I love it
6x Anchor Steam
2x Firestone Pale 31
1x Blind Pig IPA
2x Ale Smith X
2x La Fin Du Monde because I have one bottle of all the first Emerson's JP with all the four different yeasts he used and I am going to match them against the original beers in a tasting one day. The other yeast were the Rochefort, Duvel and Chimay. Funny thing is I cannot remember what yeast he decided upon. At the time I liked the unibrew the best.
Richard finally went with the Chimay yeast (big bubble gum notes) for the commercial release.
Cheers. Maybe he hadn't actually decided at the time. We are thinking who might like to come to the tasting. Russ, Colin and Neil McInnes have all expressed some interest...we could try for a time you are in Welly if you are interested? Maybe after a Regionals tasting one Sat afternoon/eve. Russ is keen for some food matches as well. Reckon it could be a tasty event.
I wouldn't want to come. No way, not me, not at all...
would that be a hint...???
The final beer was at its best about 8-10 months after release (in my opinion). Too much apple early on... after it mellowed it was one of my most memorable drinking experiences. Every sip a pleasure.
Well, I reckon it'll be interesting to see how they all turned out and if one of the other yeasts shines through as well. We had them cellared but put them in the fridge when we moved house as we were giong to drink them, Didn't get round to it so there they will stay til I warm them a little on the night...Am going to have to look up Garret Oliver for foodie suggestions too.
Yeh, it'll be very interesting. I've tried about 6 or 7 of them and they were all so different... so much fun.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service