Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Thought it might be handy to have a thread for some of the more advanced brewers to give some advice on recipes.

Let's see how it goes eh...

Views: 70875

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just starting a new recipie and I was planning on putting in some flaked barley but can find any at liberty, hauraki or brewercoop. Any idea where I can get some?

Si
Flaked barley is a bit of a weird one. You should be able to find it at one of those health food shops, binn inn or that kind of place.

If worse comes to worse check these mothers out:

http://www.thestrawwarehouse.co.nz/price_list.htm

25Kg NRM Steamed Flaked Barley $26.08
Good luck mate.
Try Common Sense Organics. On Wakefield st I think it is? Opposite the back of the Museum Hotel.
Or the organic place at the bottom of Ngaio George, or Full O Beans in Naenae. They usually have wheat but the barley is a hit & miss affair
I ordered mine from Biograins NZ.
Nice one Glen (and thanks to Jo and Matthew too).

$2.77 is a bit of a bargain.
I think the shipping was like $6, which is a bit of killer, flat rate though IIRC, so may be worth seeing if some of your locals wanna grab some and split the shipping bill.
Hi
I'm after some clarification. Recently I purchased a sack of "Ale Malt" from Gladfield malt.
Can I use this for recipes that state the use of pale ale malt?
If not do you have any suggestions?
cheers.
For sure Ron. Any Malt including Pilsner malt up to 8EBC can be used as your base malt in recipes that call for Pale Malt or Pale Ale malt.
4.7kg GP
.3 kg Caramber

15gm Perle 60Min
15gm NZ Cascade 30Min
15gm NZ Cascade 15Min
30gm NZ Cascade 0Min

Dry Hop 30gm in Secondary

Yeast: 11gm US-05
Sounds nice and biscutty.
Does that mean it will be too sweet? Sweet is not quite what I am looking for. :)

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service