Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Renaissance's seasonal release, Paradox, is just awesome IMO... It reminds me of some of the really hoppy refreshing Pale Ales that I like to brew, just not as bitter :oP lol

If you see it around, you should most definately try it! Chock full of Riwaka hops, nice balance between the hops and the malt, good body, all round a really good beer! An awesome quaffer for a hot summers day, my bottle didnt last very long thats for sure... :o)

IMO it kicks Perfections ass, which was previously my favourite Renaissance beer...

Views: 165

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

but where can i get it from?
Apparantly Thorndon New World will have some... Go now! Have one for me too :o)
Right that's it i'm having a renaissance weekend!
Sounds like a perfect weekend to me! I reckon Brians doing damn well with his beers, I know a few people got some bad beers a year or so ago, but since ive started drinking them about half way through last year ive had nothing but good things to say, and very happy taste buds :o) lol
Well, perhaps we're not too badly off in some respects here in little Picton - I tried that Renaissance Paradox recently since the supermarket gets it and it is as you say, superb. I can't remember having anything quite like it and it is unique indeed. If all else fails I can always hop in the car and beat a path to Brian and Andy's door for some! Brian's wife was doing a taster promo at the supermarket a couple of days ago and Paradox was one of the beers she had - I bent her ear about having some on tap in our wee town and it seems they'd be happy to consider something like that but it's the old monopolies thing and freehouses are in short supply. Drink what you are told! It seems that's the message you get from the big perveyors of generic slop.
Cheers,
Ian
How did you hear that thorndon has them? haven't been yet i'll probably pop in later in the week
Emailed Brian and asked him where I can get it in Auckland, this was before xmas and he was obviously busy, he told me Thorndon had some :o) lol, I had to drive 30 mins to Victoria Park to get it, but it was worth it!
Right i'm off up there today....i go pretty regularly and haven't seen it....maybe i just didn't know that i should be looking for it :0)
The labels bright yellow with purple, hopefully they still have some for ya ;o)
Awesome thanks :0)
Fantastic!! I pass it everyday looks like I will be stopping!!
FWIW, Paradox is available in Fresh Choice, Merivale, Christchurch. I continue to be massively impressed by their selection - it's one of the best in the country and good work to the person managing it. I can't speak for its freshness or price, but the selection will keep you busy for many months (includes Epic, Dux de Lux, 3 Boys, Invercargill Brewing Co). I bought Okells Aile Smoked Celtic Porter (Falcon Brewery, Isle of Man) which was wonderful, and a bottle of Paradox chilling.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service