Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

In today's Herald there was a large ad for a brewery called Boundary Road. They are looking for beer tasting consultants - 999 people to try 3 lager recipes which they will deliver to your home. One lucky person will be chosen to be the Chairman of Tasters and receive a home brewing kit (this is the fancy one discussed in full on this site a couple months back - the bench top $6K one).

I have entered (what the hell - I like beer). Applications are being taken at TheChosenOne.co.nz

Does anyone have further info on this beyond what is in the paper?

Views: 2466

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A. Sulphur, watery, grainy astringency

B. Bitter, hop flavour, least offensive

C. Bitter, estery, lingering flavour

I chose B. Fingers crossed for the Williamswarn

Have to agree with the haish

A had unpleasant nose

B more hopppish

C ordinary

All were generally poor quality, entered the results but said I wouldn't buy any of them.

And the website is telling porkies saying they've been 25 years in preparation! Maybe beer A has been LOL

Here's a suggestion - Independent is actively asking us to rate its beer. And where better to rate beer than ratebeer.com?

I haven't tasted mine yet, but when I do, I will post results on ratebeer (and of course on the ever-excellent nzbeerblog.com!)

I suggest that all 999 tasters should post on ratebeer.com too.

Cheers

Martin

Good call.
So tell me, are they just selecting people around the Auckland region to taste this? Not that I know where you guys are all from, but I have not seen that they have sent any of this stuff south?

I'm in Chch. 

After I'd voted their email said that they were ready to flood bottle stores with the "winning" beer from 1st August. Obviously distribution isn't a problem.

I've just got an email today from them saying I'll get some and that's in Nelson.
Dang! I still have not heard from them. I guess women are not the target market? It couldn't possibly be that they select tasters based on the number of correct responses to their quiz (I know I got all of them right and I am sure all of you did as well).... WTF?

I'm sure that's part of the whole viral marketing thing- the more people who go to the site and read the hype the better. Only a small percentage would get sent tasting packs. Speaking from experience you didn't miss much. I felt at the the time like I was taking one for the team.

Wouldn't mind a WilliamsWarn though... 

Yeah I wasn't expecting anything great when I signed up, when you consider their other beers are Ranfurly and New Zealand draught it was never going to be a big player in the craft beer market.

It's just that WilliamsWarn is sooo damn shiny

What are you on about Rhyno? Ranfurly is like, the best NZ beer - EVER :oP haha
lmao, yeah ranks right up there in the taste department with Rheineck!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service