Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Anybody tried that brewcraft no rinse sanitizer? I can't get starsan anywhere so im looking for a good alternative. Preferably no rinse like starsan. It just looks like it saves alot of time and hassle.

Thanks

Views: 4720

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"they're insisting on him stocking their full range and bringing in a pallet at a time."

Then why doesnt he do it? As my past experiances would suggest, whenever Mike doesnt get something in, someone else stocks it and sells it with great success!!

edit : And Richard - Dont listen to Greig ;o) lol, I've handed him many a beer which he has said tasted awesome/amazing/whatever which came into contact with no rinse iodophor!!

Haha, you're a cock Tyler! ;)

is it the one with the blue label? if it is i seem to remember it being 100% sodium percarbonate (i think, i can't recall exactly) which was the first time i'd come across it as a sanitiser rather than a cleaner-its the main ingredient in the oxy whitening washing powders.

i'm not saying it doesn't sanitise but i've not come across it on any other forums either.

iodophor or starsan would be way cheaper in the long run,and if you want to go the sodium percarbonate route you can buy it on trade me by the kilo for a fraction of the brewtec price.

disclaimer-i may have the chemical name wrong,i'll check it out the next time i'm in the supermarket!

the stuff from pak n save sodium percarbonate is the same shit in nappy san so you can use it for your undies too!
I mix Sodium Percarbonate and Sodium Metasilicate (3:2 by weight) to get a decent PBW alternative for a tiny fraction of the cost. You can get both in a 20kg sack from Clark.
that sounds like a good idea, I brought a 25kg bag of Sodium Hydroxide for $40, from a chemical supplier in Wellington about a year ago. He had a large inventory, will get back in contact with him, could make my own PBW and Sanitizer
Isnt it just potasium metabisulphate? Not good at all, unless your fermenting within 4 hours.

Thanks for all the advice guys. Awesome to see such a response! Brewers Coops supplier can't get the Starsan, they emailed me. That was a great link Stu and because of it Im going to get me some Iodophor. Keen to see how I go with it!

Cheers

it used to be,it had a red label,then they changed to a blue label,it caught my eye in the supemarket,i read the label and it had changed!
Why is no one selling star san anymore?

local distributor is not importing it anymore is the story I'm hearing everywhere.  Also seems 5-star are a pain to try and start an account with to try and import directly...

I brought some from craftbrewer.  No issue with getting it into the country.

I have contacted Five Star Directly and they have provided me quotes, but havnt finalized it yet as they are waiting on the shipment costs. It seems that it might be cheaper for me to fly to colorado and pickup the 10 cartons of 8oz Star-Sans, as earlier freight costs were through the roof.

If people are keen to share the load, once I have the freight cost I can work out a price per carton.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service