Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Looking at doing a keg set up, Is it cheaper and easyer to go with the brew craft setup or designing your own set up, and getting the bits from the likes of Craft brewer, etc?
Whats your thoughts?

Views: 5495

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the Valpar stuff from Craftbrewer. I'm just boiling some water again now for Wrestlemainia round 2. I don't have any KY so I may have to use semen.
Valpar here too, have slid just enough tubing on to get a hose clamp around it, no dramas.

I found it's a good idea to make sure there are no kinks in the hose where it goes on to the barb, was having some flow/foaming issues with that once.

Getting the insertion right is all in the way you grip your hose I reckon.
Just honestly resist the temptation and wait till tomorrow!! if you want I will get you one actualy I will get you one I will stick it in your mail box and then after all said and done we can laugh about wrestling them on!!
Did you get it to work bro?
I managed to get the Valpar on the barb and clamp it last night. I'll be kegging my first beer this weekend☺
Wicked!! What's first up?
First kegged beer will be a Macs kit based IPA with plenty of NZ Stryian and NZ Cascade. I've almost finished all of my Macs kits and learned a lot of good and bad along the way.

I'll post a pic of my first kegged beer for you guys. You now you want to see it. I'll be a little cloudy coz I steeped some Caraamber which always comes out cloudy, probably should be mashed.
Choice bro.

What about you Mike, did you get your JG fittings and all that sorted? I had a hack at a disconnect and that barb doesn't wanna budge.
Nah didnt get down there got busy damn it!! Will do as soon as I can. Can you not un screw the barb from the reg?
You're talking about the regulator? I thought you were talking about the keg disconnect?
C'mon, when the tubing looks more like it is going to fit inside the barb than outside it, you know you've got a problem.
Ding Ding! Round 3 to Mr C!

A pot full of boiling water, barb lubed with soap and some brute force. No semen required.

Done!

Cheers boys.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service