Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Continuing in the pointless new forum posts....

How did you get into (home)brewing?

For me it was mostly my brother back home starting to home brew first (since then all 3 of us do). I've been meaning to try for a while until I finally bit the bullet and went up to Great Expectations in the Hutt (utterly disappointing experience). Got it into my head that I was going to use glass bottles, so went next door and bought 4 swap-a-crates of Speights. It was a tough 2 weeks drinking to get through them in time for my first bottling. Unfortunately my first brew was also fizzy and tasteless....

Views: 635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's Crabbey and AllyMcg
Man, you guys are really making me want to get my shit sorted!! Auckland needs another beer I think ;oP lol

Maybe next year, hmmm, could be my new years resolution...
Go for it - the more the merrier mate... as much as I love Epic Pale Ale, Emerson's Pilsner, Renaissance Elemental, Three Boys Oyster Stout etc etc I simply don't want to drink the same beer day after day. Same goes for my homebrew. I find I'm giving more of it away than ever. Give me options.
hey, we've totally jacked this thread.

i've just thought of a beer name

"threadjacker"

TM pending so jack off fellas...
Variety is the spice of life eh stu ;o)

Might be time to pick up the BJCP and brew something really random?? Something youve never brewed before and maybe never tasted before?? Allthough youve probably tried them all ;oP
Throw the BJCP book out the window and pull one base malt and 5 special malts out of a hat. Same with the hops and yeast. All out of a hat. Then brew it!
I've never a Berliner Weiss but i have "made one" and it fooled 4 guys practicing their BJCP judging technique (can't remember the exact combo but it was a hefe mixed with a cantillon)
Who/what is golden ticket??
Who/what is golden ticket??

was that trash talk Reviled? If not, can I use it as trash talk!
lol, not intended as trash talk but go for your life stu ;o)

I still would like to know what/who golden ticket is tho ?? ;oP haha
Ok just did a google, how the hell did I miss that one?? The mind boggles lol...

So where are they from? The SI?
Just found the website this morning too. Christchurch I think?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service