Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Continuing in the pointless new forum posts....

How did you get into (home)brewing?

For me it was mostly my brother back home starting to home brew first (since then all 3 of us do). I've been meaning to try for a while until I finally bit the bullet and went up to Great Expectations in the Hutt (utterly disappointing experience). Got it into my head that I was going to use glass bottles, so went next door and bought 4 swap-a-crates of Speights. It was a tough 2 weeks drinking to get through them in time for my first bottling. Unfortunately my first brew was also fizzy and tasteless....

Views: 635

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

the revolution will not be televised
but it will be forumised on realbeer!
...who's next!?
lol, viva la revoluzion
Please let it be me ... I want out of software ...
I've yet to meet anyone who doesn't.
Bah! You just have to find the right software jobs that are fun enough to allow you to travel to San Fran next week, work at home, and out of sync with your bosses timezone. Get back to work, you slackers!
Brilliant :D I should start listening to my dreams more...
I've never dreamt about beer or sex
So, if I followed my dreams I'd have no kids and would have never brewed a beer!
Thats day dreams I think Stu....

The hard part is finding Japanese Twins that are willing to do such things....
...and beer wise

stayed with a friend in Nova Scotia for a few months who made homebrew. First thing that happened after we went inside was he offered us a homebrew... I braced myself for the worst and took a sip...

"hey that’s not too bad, that’s pretty good actually".
"Don’t sound so surprised, do you really think I would bother if it was crap".

Since returning to NZ, starting brewing and giving others my beer I have had the same reaction. Why do all New Zealanders assume homebrew is the preserve of desperate alcoholics who will drink any old thing that has ethanol in it?
The hard part is finding Japanese Twins that are willing to do such things....

*dies*

Very Pinky and the Brain.
That's great Soren, inspirational
I hope it lasts too Soren. I'm sure it will.

It's great to see under utilised breweries get more beer being made in them. Fermenters do love to ferment beer. You don't need to own your own stainless to make great beer. Just look at what we've seen from Epic.

And... while we're on the topic, any more details on your Brown Ale?

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service