Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

We spoke about creating a discussion so people who have or people who are thinking about and/or building can share pic's info and pitfalls to avoid.

Just about finished building my bench and hopefully will have a chance to start wiring it up this weekend. Pics to follow shortly.

Views: 19888

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

OK thanks, I ended up buying a sestos bundle off Amazon. Has the PID, a PT100 probe and a 25A SSR. Will get my brother-in-law to wire everything up, he is a sparky. Will work for beer.

Looking at getting some of the camco elements from amazon, has anyone had any issues with them with scorching or failing or any of that carry on,

I've not used mine yet. But many thousands of electric breweries run them. Check out theelectricbrewery.com forum, there's a few threads on rust and scorching but most users seem pretty happy with them.

they might be the go as its about  $375 each to get low watt density ones made and I am going to be running 4 or 5 of them in one really large vessel

Jeepers, each? Are they solid gold or something?

Camcos from amazon are definitely cost-effective put in that perspective.

Yeah I did a double take when I saw the price as well and then I saw the camco ones you chaps were using so thought it might be worth a crack and cheap as chips which is what I am after

Not had any issues with mine at all. They are great!

good to hear might order 5 of them then

My gas BIAB rig is starting to think I am cheating on it, are these big enough heat sinks on these as I like the all in one kind of thing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40Amp-AC-AC-Solid-State-Relay-SSR-AC-150-35...

If they're sold with those SSRs they should be, right? As long as they're external to your control panel they should be OK.

I've seen those commonly used on electric systems, Kal even provides instructions on how to mount them as opposed to the one big heatsink he prefers.

mint they are on there way, as of yesterday I never considered electric and now I've ordered half the gear already, now I need a shiny control box

http://www.trademe.co.nz/business-farming-industry/farming-forestry...

Take doors off in middle ?   cabinet for brew gear and control panel?  

Very similar to Paul W's in WGTN. his gave me idea of storage and control in one cab.

my 5500w elements are due in any day now

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service