Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Well, surely its coming up to that time, so im thinking maybe October for CS8

Expressions of interest please to get an idea of numbers.. Hopefully a full swap given the new number of case swap members recently!!

Fu*k knows what im going to brew for this.. Will have to think of something a bit different I think.

Views: 2191

Replies to This Discussion

Afraid I'm out as well,  my next two brews are going in to a keg for a birthday party.

I am currently setting up with a guy in New Mexico, an international beer swap, currently we are going through the legal side of things for import/export and working out a membership package to present to each State.

How many people would be interested in a NZ/US swap. I don't want to hijack this thread, I am just keen to get a gauge of numbers at this early stage. I will setup a group soon, to gather interest, and feedback on the ideas as they develop.

Wouldn't customs crash on this party? Damn border nazis.

I have already checked it out with MAF and NZ Customs, including taxes payable. So we are fine to import/export the beer, even yeast is okay, but its no to base ingredients like hops and malts.

US has state and federal laws which Chris in NM is currently reviewing. State laws are tricky ones, but it's only Florida that I have found so far that we would have difficulty with, all others seem like there is a way to work with them.

The cost would probably put me out of the game Paul - Shipping to and from the states is ridiculously expensive!! 

The logistics side is something that we are looking into seriously. As a non profit organization, exemptions etc may be able to help. Also calculating the most efficient delivery methods based around weight and size etc. There are freight forwarding companies also in the states, that are 50% cheaper than international USPS.

We are lucky in NZ as it costs us a third of what it cost US to send to NZ, due to the American Postal Service being a very insular organization.

Some other options may be Sponsorship with a freighting company, or "Beer Mules" I know of a brewer who is mates with an International Pilot, "cockpit shipping is free". Its not what you now, its who you know, and there are a lot of beer drinkers in the world working in the right places. Just a matter of getting a big enough group of people with the right contact to make it work.

Nice Paul, ill be keen to find out a bit more info as things progress!!

I have a couple of brews in kegs but have just run out of CO2 (hoping they are still under pressure).

So if I can get my tank filled, the bottle filler going and the beer is good I'll be ready for a swap.

I can help with Wellington drop-offs if needed, (if it's still going ahead).

If we're a bit short of entrants, maybe we should look at pushing the date for this one back a month?

I think pushing the date back could definately be a good option? 

But, like I said, if everyone is still keen to go ahead I'll help out as best I can!

Hey Rev,

I'm keen to help out to keep the CS series rolling over - whats involved in terms of admin? 

What needs to be done and what sort of time commitment is it?

I'm a 'new dad' dropout I'm afraid. I did think I'd have time to brew but apparently you only get an hour off inbetween feeds, changes and cleaning everything ..... and I'm running on 4 hours sleep a day which is 6 less than I like ...

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service