Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Surprised nobody has asked this yet - or have they asked and I missed it?

Last year I was delighted to see a dry yeast user pick up "Brewer of the Year", I've always been a proponent of getting all your sh!t together before you start playing around with yeast (the most difficult part of brewing good beer).

This year the "Brewer of the Year" (and a couple of other major prizes) were swept away by another dry yeast user who - SHOCK HORROR - also uses malt extract.

This goes some way to proving that the 'liquid yeast, all-grain mecca' is not always what it is cracked up to be.

To everyone out there who picked up best in class awards, or one of the major awards - what is the secret to your brewing success? What are you still working on? And where are you headed next (soon, and further down the track)?

Cheers
Stu

ps. Well done everyone.

Views: 223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Reviled I saw Maiden in sydney they were awesome you should definitely go!!!!
another thing crossed off my list to do before i die :0)
Best stage performance aye? Pyro, monsters, the works!!!
and they were tight as a drum after the first couple of songs!
For anyone whose interested that hasn't seen any of the medals, here's a pic. I haven't seen a gold one yet, maybe next year ;-)

Showoff ;-)
Very nice Mr Cherry...I'm sure given the inspiration and collective information sharing on this site, there will be a few more contenders challenging for the trophies next year.

Very well done mate

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service