Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Get your malty brews worked out, or get ready for using some different hops for your hoppy pale ales.

Hope nobody is after any Riwaka hops. I just purchased some (there's a first for everything) and was told it was the last 100g left.
There's close to nought in the way of imported hops.

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Don't know. Never had to purchase any from there.
supply doesn't look any better there though - more than half of their varieties seem to have "temporarily out of stock" written under their description.
I wonder if we'll see NZ hops on Morebeer soon? I suppose Sierra Nevada's "Southern Hemisphere" Harvest Ale could create some demand for them.
Yeah there's already a lot of aussie homebrewers using them, wouldn't surprise me at all with the state of things globally if the yanks got on the bus also.
I just hop NZHops keep enough here for us!
Looks like we hit too many replies on one thread - I can't reply to Barry's reply.

Yes, the Aussies seem to be big on NZ Hops atm and lots thru craftbrewer. At least they specify which year / crop their stock is from.

As for our stocks being swallowed up by overseas interests I factored that into my purchase and added an extra KG for safety of brewing next year in case of further bad supplies
I've noticed a few recipes/talking of NZ hops lately on homebrewtalk.com, mostly the high alpha varieties though.
Dunedin Malthouse seems to still have a lot of many things, including cone hops. I just ordered some pellets of Riwaka, some imported EK Goldings and even a little bit of Amarillo!

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service