Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Ladies and Gentlemen start your burners! Entries are now open for the 2008 SOBA National HomeBrew Championship. Entries will close on 31 July 2008. Judging will be done during August and results announced at the SOBA HomeBrewFest, which this year will be during the BrewNZ week - first week of September.

For entry forms and more information please see www.soba.org.nz

Views: 450

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Took mine down to wellington personally over the weekend.....sure it may have cost more than the postage but I managed to co-incide the trip with a couple of other dubious excuses for going down also....
Didn't have time this year to make the EPA that won its category last year unfortunately but have entered an IPA, a weizenbock and a Pilsener. Oh and a cider which I haven't tried yet which may or may not maim or even kill the judging panel.....
Gonna send in

APA
NZPA
Blonde
eIPA
Hefeweizen

Only really have hopes for the hefe and blonde but I'll see what happens.
Its kinda crept up on me, for some reason I thought the comp was the end of the month!
I got about 16 500ml bottles to taste and rate tonight, I expect to send half a dozen or so, as for what Im not sure, the pilsners would have to be some I would say, have a range to get through, its gonna be a rough morning tomorrow.
Off my head theres
A few porters
Stout
Pils
Saison
Lots of average bitters
A bock
Browns

The hard part is going to try and determine whats worth sending.
ha! Dan it's a tough job but someones got to do it - I reckon you're the man for the job.
Im getting through it Barry! the missus went to bed after the stout, I feel I should go to bed now but theres more tastings to do, push on!
Can entries be hand delivered rather than sent to the address on the entry form?
Is there an after hours drop off address?
I reckon the address could be a bit more covert, such as Soba NHC etc rather than Soba national homebrew championship which seems well unneccessary and maybe tempting for a thirsty postal worker, or a disgruntled one that may be tempted to go oops dropped that one!
Can entries be hand delivered to Level 1, 82 Willis St? I popped in to that address today at lunchtime only to walk around in circles for a while and leave scratching my head???

I work about 100m away and it seems crazy to risk posting. Plus, I would need to walk past the delivery address to get the PostShop.
Yep, i dropped Greig’s yesterday and had no problems, just go to the building, up to level on in the lift, left through a door and then follow the corridor to the right to the end and push the buzzer...
Cheers Kempicus. I'll drop mine off tommorow.
I wandered around a maze of twisted tunnels, all different. Then a door opened and there it was!
Did Rob send you down the ladder into the dungeon? We had a BJCP tasting there last year and I was very impressed with his secret soundproof dungeon.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service