Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94601

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

S04 usually hangs tough. The 1968 I've been using recently is notorious for dropping out of there before its done its duty but I gave it a bit of a rouse and it took my barley wine down nicely.

The 1469 West Yorkshire Ale I've got in my SMaSH beer at the minute is showing no signs of dropping out, despite a total lack of airlock activity. I want to dry hop the sucker over the weekend so I might have to crash it.
Tried to kiss ass the boss a little, didn't work.

Bottled a sixer for the guys at Mum's work and thought I'd bottle a couple for the boss for a last-minute-hopefully-a-half-day-kiss-ass but then the keg blew after the six.

Looks like I'll be brewing Fri night or Sat now.
3 Brew Week this week, Supply(me) and demand(me) is crazy!!

Wed;

Trapped

3.9kg ADM Pilsner
800g Munich
150g Melanoiden
150g Caramunich 2
100g Caraaroma

67 deg Mash

30g Saaz cz @ 60
20g Saaz cz @15
20g Styrian slov @ 15
20g Styrian slov @5
20g Styrian slov @ 5
20g Saaz cz @ 0

250g of Dark Belgian Candi Sugar
Wyeast Trappist High Gravity Yeast
17L
22.9 IBU's

Hop Fuel Fri;

4.8kg Pale Malt
900g Light Crystal
600g Dextrose

65deg Mash

500g Of Hops

Wyeast Imperial Blend
1.090 - 1.010
81 IBU;s
16L

Pale Ale'd

5kgs MO
150g Light Crystal
50g Dark Crystal

67 deg Mash

120g Simcoe/Amarillo/Cascade @ 15mins and less

80g Simcoe/Amarillo/Cascade Dry Hop

23L
37Ibus
US05

Busy Busy Busy
Edit...... Hop Fuel
90g Light Crystal
Stir plate didnt work out no Imperial IPA F^&*K-it
What happened with the stirplate? Did you run it as a test first?
Yip. My on/off switch did not work so I ran through a series of tests to figure out what it was and it was the switch. I wired it up not using a switch, and I have not got a strong enough pull from magnets and stir bar. thers is only 4-5mm of fresh air, plastic and glass in between magnets is this not enough? or do I need More, what happens if I double up the magnets does this create more pull or does it not contribute to magnetic force? (keyboard is on the blink sorry for random typos)
Hey Mike

Doubling up on the magnets or moving them closer should work fine mate. Just remember if you double and it works then glue the magnets together in case one decides to go it alone whilst spinning.
I've brewed the last 4 weekends in a row - I can't really justify it again this weekend - unless I put through a quick extract one night while the family aren't looking ...
Well I as brewing an IPA, 1070, 100ibu, 210g of US flavour/aroma hops for 20L.

After multiple dramas during the brew day it was concluded with a clogged plate chiller that I couldn't unclg.

FUCKING BULLSHIT. Over eight hours and a shitload of hops and a reasonable amount of malt down the fucking drain.
Why didnt you chuck in your imerssion chiller to finish off?
Did consider that but it's been sitting in the open air where I crush grain, felt safer trying to unclog the chiller using tap water.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service