Want to place an ad email luke@realbeer.co.nz
$50+GST / month

RealBeer.co.nz

Since this is the most popular thread on the RealBeer.co.nz forum I thought I would start it here just to see what happens

Views: 94600

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It says 1 gram of citric acid per kilo of sugar. That would be about...

a pinch.
Whats the benifit to your beer of inverting the sugar?
It turns it into toffee / candy. It becomes 10% less fermentable with a more pallatable flavour in the beer. I did this for the TTL.
Do I still get a bottle of the TTL? Guess I can get it off ya on thursday if its ready? :o)
You definately get a bottle!

Not ready yet though... but maybe I'll draw a litre out of the fermenter...

I swore I wouldn't do that anymore though.
lol, no you didnt, you swore you wouldnt drink any out of the fermenter, completely different :o) hahahaha
I'll do some more sensory analysis on it, and if it's not ready - I wont bother bringing any. I don't think it would be fair to the earwigs who gave their lives for this brew.
Sorry bro...

My sensory analysis has resulted in a fail for transport for Thursday. The styrin still has a slight muddy taste to it.

You'll just have to wait till it gets packeged in a couple of weeks time.
Give or take a partial pinch.
Brewed the bitter on Stu's advice from another thread last Sat

1.038 and 30 IBU - 20L

UK Pale
Crystal 80L 8%
Amber 2%

NZ Goldings at 60min
NZGoldings and UK Fuggles 15g each at 15 mins.

S04.

All going well will be brewing an IPA on Friday, hopefully can kiss-ass the boss for the day off.

And maybe a porter on Monday.
Whoa, looks like majority of fermentation finished up in three days, no krausen left, drop in temp and no more airlock activity, haven't checked gravity though.

Gave the yeast a rouse today as I hear this yeast can be an early flocc'er.

RSS

© 2024   Created by nzbrewer.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service